Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Free International calls minutes for newcomers ??

Hello, I'm a newcomer in Canada and I got a plan last week. The seller explained me they had a promotion for newcomers, so I have 30 minutes for international calls free of charge per month. My question is: Can I use these 30 minutes to call to Cuba for free, even before the first bill ? Or should I divided 30 minutes between the days remaining for the billing date ?? Thanks a lot.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
You have 30 minutes per bill cycle of 30 days, so if you want you can use the full 30min in one day! Its entirely up to you :) 
Thank you. Yes, I know I can use the 30 min in a day, but my doubt is about the first time. I have the sim card since the last week and my billing date is in the next week. So I can use these 30 min before my first payment ?? The seller told me I have to wait until the next month to use these minutes.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Addiel Isaac Moldes de Moya wrote:

Thank you. Yes, I know I can use the 30 min in a day, but my doubt is about the first time. I hav...

Hi there Addiel...

To play safe, I would divide those 30 mins until the new billing cycle starts, then you know for sure it is 30 minutes for the full cycle...

Welcome to Canada!!!!

Enjoy!
Userlevel 6
Oh yes you would have to wait until your first bill cycle starts, check on your contract, it will tell you what your billing date is.
I was given the 30 mins free international call from Koodo but my issue is how do I keep track of using the 30 mins? Is there an app or somewhere in my self-service that I can track how many of the 30 mins I have used?