Koodo Community

Community

Solved

"Free incoming roaming SMS" available in $45 Promotion plan?

Hi, On May 1st, I ported my number to Koodo $45 promotion plan. I plan to travel out of North America for 2 months. So trying to get clarity on the incoming SMS charges while roaming. When I activated the plan in Koodo store, the CSR gave me a document in which it states under the Included Services in Your Monthly Rate Plan section, "Free incoming roaming SMS". Where as in the Koodo website, it is mentioned as $0.60 for incoming SMS while roaming. Can someone please clarify if the $45 plan has Free incoming roaming SMS across the world? Thanks.,

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi, every modern plan includes free incomming sms while Roaming in the USA. The charges you're looking at are for people on older plans where those sms messages aren't included. Or Roaming outside of North America. Rates can be found here: http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-...
Hi Chad, Sorry, I am not able to understand your answer. I know that the plan includes free incomming sms while Roaming in the USA. My question is, does the current $45 Promotion plan includes free incoming SMS while roaming in Europe, Asia? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Allan Sander wrote:

Hi Chad, Sorry, I am not able to understand your answer. I know that the plan includes free i...

No it does not. Each message you send or receive will cost 0.60$
Allan Sander wrote:

Hi Chad, Sorry, I am not able to understand your answer. I know that the plan includes free i...

ok thank you...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan Sander wrote:

@ Chad....slight correction. Incoming SMS is also free while roaming in Europe or Asia: http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling @ Allan Bean in mind that when your phone is on to receive text messages data could also possibly flow through (apps open in the background etc.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan Sander wrote:

@Jeffrey, Then the page at the link you shared should be updated, as the table clearly indicates free incoming text in the USA, but not in the other locations. As an official rep, possibly you have the pull to have the page corrected? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan Sander wrote:

Yes, my bad totally. Forgive me Chad, Allan, and@dfbutt! I have no excuse except "To err is human".
Userlevel 7
Allan Sander wrote:

As long as data roaming is off, SMS messages can still get through and the data pipe will remain closed. It's just MMS ( picture messaging) that requires the data pipeline to be open.

Data roaming is off by default on most devices.