Koodo Community

Community

Solved

for a new customer would Koodo be wiling to wave the initial double charge for first month on a plan?

I am on a limited income the initial double charge is onerous.... I need a break

10 replies

Userlevel 2
It's not a double charge. It's proration + the first month. And it's generally unavoidable because of where you are placed in the billing cycle. Generally, the proration amount isn't that much.
Userlevel 3
No. As you are aware your 1st bill will be prorated. You'll be billed from the day you activate until the end of your billing cycle PLUS 1 month in advance. Koodo would be willing to setup payment arrangements if need be. You can press #227 and speak with payment management regarding this to setup your payment arrangements. Keep in mind any cell phone company or any bill you pay is prorated when you make a change.
Userlevel 6
Unfortunately, this cannot be waived and it is the same as any other carrier in Canada. I recommend that you saved up for the first bill before getting a new phone.
Userlevel 6
We all need a break my friend. 🙂 I'd like a 25% discount to fill my tank at the gas station. 🙂 But as the others have stated it not a double charge, so it cannot be waved.
Userlevel 1
Chris Petersens wrote:

We all need a break my friend. 🙂 I'd like a 25% discount to fill my tank at the gas station. 😕..

lol....what would you fill, your lawn mower?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We're all on limited incomes which is one of the reasons we are with koodo and their great prices. You gotta pay to play my friend 😉
Userlevel 6
Patrick, if your cellphone needs are somewhat light or if you simply use SMS most of the time, maybe you should check out prepaid? It's cheap, and if you buy boosters, they never expire 🙂 It might just be the kind of break you'd enjoy! http://koodomobile.com/en/on/plansandboosters.shtml
Userlevel 7
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

Patrick, if your cellphone needs are somewhat light or if you simply use SMS most of the time, ma...

Isn't it a bit late at this point? This would involve him paying off his nearly full Tab (if he got one) and I'm sure if he's having trouble paying just one bill, then billing out the -Tab will be even more of an issue.
Userlevel 6

Patrick, if your cellphone needs are somewhat light or if you simply use SMS most of the time, ma...

Over a full year it's still appreciable savings Jonathan, especially if his needs are light. I always calculate everything based on at least a 12 month period instead of monthly. It really helps one evaluate the real impact of an expense. If his current situation doesn't allow him to buy out his tab, then continuing with the monthly plan isn't exactly the best solution either, it's merely bumping it to a later date and paying a good chunk of change for the privilege.
Userlevel 1

In hind sight your rite David. Do the cost analysis FIRST. But appears that he's caught in catch 22. Can't afford to get out and can barely afford to stay in.