Koodo Community
Solved

FOCUS GROUP: Back to School Initiatives

Hey everyone, I’m Christi from Koodo. Nice to meet you all! We’re working on some interesting initiatives and wanted to gather some feedback from those who are currently in school 🙂 I’ve written some question below, so I’d love to get your thoughts. Your opinions will help us make better decisions, so we appreciate your help! 1) Tell us a little bit about yourself. What level of school of are you in (high school, university/college, post grad)? Are you living at home or on your own? 2) What is most important to you in a rate plan? - Voice: how many minutes do you need? - Data: how much data do you need? 3) What’s your budget for the monthly plan? 4) Did you buy a phone with Koodo or did you bring your own phone? Which phone do you have? 5) Lastly, is there any other add-on or service that you wish Koodo offered in a plan? Thanks and I look forward to chatting with you all, Christi

65 replies

Userlevel 1
1) I'm in third year of Ph.D. in Clinical psychology and I live on my own. 2) What is most important to me in a rate plan? - Voice: between 400 to 600, considering that evenings and weekends are unlimited. - Data: between 500mg to 1gb. 3) 45$ or less. 4) Bought 2 or 3 phones from Koodo in the past. I currently have a Nexus 4 and will maybe buy my next one elsewhere to enjoy the advantages of having my own and unlocked phone from the get-go. 5) Talking about students, it'd be great if koodo offered some king of rebate for students. For example, Videotron offers 10% off the monthly payment if you provide a proof of your student status.
Hi everyone! Thanks to your feedback, we learned that customers who are bringing their own phone value data over minutes at an affordable price. With this in mind, we’re excited to introduce our new Canada-wide data plan perfect for budget conscious customers looking for a low voice and higher data option. Click here to check it out: https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/plans/index.html Thanks for your feedback! Cheers, Christi
I'd like to see some prices compete with Wind Mobile. like $30 bucks for unlimited Province wide calling, unlimited texts and picture, free voicemail and caller ID, and unlimited data for $30 bucks. Anything higher than this is to expensive
Userlevel 7
Al Robidoux wrote:

I am currently in college. I find that the current TAB L plans really need some work and the p...

oh I see, I forgot the tab charge. My bad whoops 😛
Userlevel 1
Al Robidoux wrote:

I am currently in college. I find that the current TAB L plans really need some work and the p...

I am on the $75 plan. But I was factoring in the extra $10 and the taxes into my number. So it is about $90+.
Userlevel 7
Al Robidoux wrote:

$90 and tax on top of that for just 1gb of data?! If you are on tab L, I recommend switching your plan to the $75 tab L plan which also has unlimited minutes and 1gb of data. Although I believe the overage charges are better in the older plans so that is also something to consider.
Userlevel 1
I am currently in college. I find that the current TAB L plans really need some work and the possibility of allowing more data for the amount being charged monthly. I find that I need anywhere from 1gb to 2gb a month to be safe. My monthly budget for a plan is no more then a hundred. I am currently paying over $90 + tax for unlimited minutes and only 1gb of data. I am constantly finding myself having to turn my data off in the middle of the month to stop any overage and sometimes that isn't an option. I really think that paying that much money should give us 2gb of data. I have an iPhone 5c that I purchased through koodo. There really is no other add ons that I would use.
1. Undergrad at York University and living on my own. 2. Unlimited voice and data is what i love! 3. $40 maximumu 4. Bring my own phone, Nexus 5. 5. Customizable data and voice plans, and also monthly plans!
1) Third year of College, currently living on my own. 2) Voice: 200mins + unlimited evenings (5pm) and weekends w/ unlimited incoming Data: 2 - 5GB Optional: Unlimited data (throttled after 2GB) with additional add-on to increase speed (similar to wind/mobilicity) 3) $40/month (2GB) $50/month (5GB) 4) Purchased iPhone 4s (looking to upgrade when iPhone 6 is released) 5) n/a
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself. What level of school of are you in (high school, university/college, post grad)? Are you living at home or on your own? Entering my third year of undergrad and I live on my own 2) What is most important to you in a rate plan? - Voice: how many minutes do you need? I usually call in the evening and that's when it's unlimited so i don't usually use the minutes included my plan. I think 50- 100 would suffice for me - Data: how much data do you need? I tend to use all my data (400 mb) but I could survive with less. I think 250 mb would be my minimum 3) What’s your budget for the monthly plan? I currently pay 40$ for 400 mb and 400 minutes. For what I previously mentioned I would pay about 35$ 4) Did you buy a phone with Koodo or did you bring your own phone? Which phone do you have? I brought my phone and it's a nexus 4 5) Lastly, is there any other add-on or service that you wish Koodo offered in a plan? Not that I can think of 🙂
1) I'm currently in high school living at home, but next year I’ll be at college living on my own. 2) The most important to me is data. Currently I live in rural Canada and also I travel a lot so finding wifi isn’t always an option, and when it is it’s too slow to use, so I rely on data. I rarely make calls because of the ease of texting or messaging everyone, and when I do it’s usually free due to the unlimited incoming and unlimited 5pm and weekends that I have right now. I would only need maybe 150 minutes. For data right now I have 1GB and I find myself going over that often so maybe 1.5GB to 2GB. 3) Right now I pay $45 a month and it’s perfect. I actually love my plan right now as it is and I know if you brought it back so many people would jump at it. For $45 I get 400 anytime minutes, unlimited incoming, unlimited 5pm and weekends, 1GB data, and 500MB for $5 when I go over, plus the standard call display and voicemail. I’m always bragging to my friends about it. 4) I bought my phone with Koodo when I first signed up, I got a Nexus S. Since then I’ve bought a Galaxy Nexus from kijiji, and currently I have a Nexus 5 which I bought right from Google. 5) There isn’t anything I could think of that I’d want as an add on.
1) I am in college in Busiess 2) I don't need that much minutes because I am always texting!! Max 100 minutes. For the data, I would say around 500mb 3) No more than 35$ 4) I have a samsung galaxy s3 that I brought 5) Just less minutes and some data and lower prices. I want 500 mb of data but don't need 500 minutes!
Hi all! Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. I appreciate your input! I'm taking your feedback back to the team which will help us make better decisions. Thanks again, everyone. This is really helpful to us.
MohamedAbdourahman wrote:

1. I've currently graduated school. (might take some classes soon) 2. Im good with my minutes (...

Thanks for your idea, Mohamed. Will take it back to the team to discuss.
Userlevel 3
1. I've currently graduated school. (might take some classes soon) 2. Im good with my minutes (250 min) i also have the 6 GB data plan. 3. Currently right now i pay 73.45 a month, but if i could keep my plan and have the monthly price lowered i would. 4) I originally had an Iphone 4 that i bought used at EB games unlocked it and brought it to koodo. 5) Lastly, is there any other add-on or service that you wish Koodo offered in a plan: Data ANIC, currently i look at the plans and they dont excite me. one thing that should be staple is that the minimum data offered should be 1GB, and that should be a 10$ add on. also change the plans have the tab medium plans where you dont spend $64 for a gig of data. For back to school offer a $45 unlimited minutes, text, CD,VM and 1 GB of data also to be unique dont have overcharges instead cap the data speeds or services and if people want to re use the services they have to pay 10 per gig.
John Lee wrote:

1) I am currently in high school, graduating in 2 years. I am living at home with my parents. My ...

Thanks John. Appreciate your feedback!
Userlevel 5
1) I am currently in high school, graduating in 2 years. I am living at home with my parents. My plans for post-secondary is to study at UBC Sciences. 2) The most important feature in a rate plan for myself is data. Voice minutes, I am not usually very concerned for. Usually the minimum of 150 minutes will work for me. I currently have 200MB of data since I do have a lot of WiFi access but I would like to increase my data bucket to about 300-400MB/month. 3) My budget for a monthly plan would be roughly around $40 (maximum) 4) I originally bought a phone with Koodo but now that I am in the Mobile Masters program, the current phone I am using was generously given as a.gift. 5) Maybe data add-ons because some people are really interested in data only (Voice does not concern them greatly).
Ahmad wrote:

1) Tell us a little bit about yourself. What level of school of are you in (high school, universi...

Thanks for sharing Ahmad!
Userlevel 7
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself. What level of school of are you in (high school, university/college, post grad)? Are you living at home or on your own? College 2) What is most important to you in a rate plan? - Voice: how many minutes do you need? - Data: how much data do you need? Voice: at least 300. preferablly unlimited. Data: 2GB+ 3) What’s your budget for the monthly plan? I'd pay up to $60 if the plan had 2GB of data and unlimited nationwide. Less mins, less cost. 4) Did you buy a phone with Koodo or did you bring your own phone? Which phone do you have? As a MM, not really applicable to me. But I'm currently using a TELUS unlocked BlackBerry Q10. All my other devices are Koodo devices though. 5) Lastly, is there any other add-on or service that you wish Koodo offered in a plan? Visual voicemail is standard in all plans w/o price increase
Robert wrote:

1) Tell us a little bit about yourself. What level of school of are you in (high school, universi...

Thanks Robert!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself. What level of school of are you in (high school, university/college, post grad)? Are you living at home or on your own? >> I'm at University and I'm curently living with my parents 2) What is most important to you in a rate plan? - Voice: how many minutes do you need? - Data: how much data do you need? >> The most important in a rate plan is data (thought I don't bust my limit) and voice. >> Voice : I'm usually not much of a voice guy, but I'll use them more and more as time goes by. SO I'd say 500min >> Data : I'd say I need 1.5 GB / 2GB to live hapily 3) What’s your budget for the monthly plan? >> No more then 45$ 4) Did you buy a phone with Koodo or did you bring your own phone? Which phone do you have? >> Bought my phone with Koodo + tab 5) Lastly, is there any other add-on or service that you wish Koodo offered in a plan? >> No, prety much satisfied with it!
Lori Jayne-Marie Yerxa wrote:

I'm in my first year of Business Administration Most important things to me are price and data. ...

Thanks Lori!
I'm in my first year of Business Administration Most important things to me are price and data. I would like to pay $40.00 per month, although I do pay more than that now, but you are the cheapest I've found. I purchased my phone from Koodo, on the tab. I don't think that there is anything that you could add on to make me happier. I think that plans are pretty good, with nationwide calling, call display and voicemail..
Nicholas Seidel wrote:

1) I'm in High School, paying founlimited dataown phone plan. And I am currently living at home. ...

Thanks for your feedback, Nicholas. Will certainly take your thoughts into consideration in the spirit of 'high data' option.
1) I'm in High School, paying founlimited dataown phone plan. And I am currently living at home. 2) I think data is most important to me, I got my plan during one of the duble minutes double data deals so I have 400mb a month,and for me this is enough, but a nice even 500mb would be nice. 3) My budget is about $40 a month. 4) My current phone I brought over from Telus, but I plan on upgrading to a phone from Koodo sometime soon. 5) I wish that Koodo offered an unlimited data add on, when I go to work during the summer I am in a remote part of Northern Alberta and I am usually without internet access so I typically rack up allot of data usage; if it was a monthly add on that would be great because I only need it for three months a year.