Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Finish my contract

I brought two-year contract phone. It has been one year. Now I want to pay the rest fee of my contract to get an unlock phone. How can I do that? 0.0
icon

Best answer by Daniel Gunn 24 September 2014, 02:04

Hi Jiaqi, When it comes to unlocking your phone you don't have to buy out your contract (or tab if you're with Koodo). You can call customer service and have them send you an unlock code, all you'll require is a different service provider SIM card and when it prompts for the unlock code you put it and voila your phone is unlocked and ready to use. Keep in mind Koodo charges $35 for an unlock fee. If you're looking to cancel out of Koodo all that would happen is you would see a final month plus any tab balance that you have remaining. Plus a $35 unlock fee if you choose to have Koodo do so. Hope that helps answer your question 🙂

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Jiaqi, When it comes to unlocking your phone you don't have to buy out your contract (or tab if you're with Koodo). You can call customer service and have them send you an unlock code, all you'll require is a different service provider SIM card and when it prompts for the unlock code you put it and voila your phone is unlocked and ready to use. Keep in mind Koodo charges $35 for an unlock fee. If you're looking to cancel out of Koodo all that would happen is you would see a final month plus any tab balance that you have remaining. Plus a $35 unlock fee if you choose to have Koodo do so. Hope that helps answer your question 🙂