Koodo Community

Community

Fido doubles the data. Koodo, what about you?

Fido doubled the data on their plans (http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/09/24/fido-doubles-the-data-on-select-plans-until-september-30th/). A reaction from Koodo is desirable. I remember the days when Koodo was initiating these chain reactions between the big 3...

27 replies

Userlevel 6
Koodo has had promotions before for doubling Data but currently, no.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Once Koodo led.... now... they don't even follow 😞 C'mon Koodo show us what you can do 😃
Userlevel 7
Oh please please let's have another rate war. Christmas last year was so good.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Oh please please let's have another rate war. Christmas last year was so good.

I miss the "to celebrate the holliday's we are reducing your rate to 57$" then again "as an added bonus, your rate is now 56$" texts...
Userlevel 4
That was a hilarious 3 weeks
Userlevel 7
I kept getting text messages, "we've lowered your rate!" my friends mom Barbara Booey got the same plan. It's was great!
I got my wife on a $39, 600 MB, 450 minute Koodo plan this summer. I planned to get a Koodo plan for myself today but see that a similar plan would now cost $50 with only 500 MB. Even if Koodo doubled the 200 MB plan, at $40, it's still not as good.
Userlevel 2
LOL they've 'doubled' the data and the largest allotment you can get is a whopping 2GB. I tell you, the current state of wireless in this country, it's enough to do your head in lol.
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

LOL they've 'doubled' the data and the largest allotment you can get is a whopping 2GB. I te...

+1
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

LOL they've 'doubled' the data and the largest allotment you can get is a whopping 2GB. I te...

let me double rikkster's +1 to +2 😛
Virgin matched Fido: http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/plans/gold.html?itcid=LP:143...
Userlevel 1
Koodo is is going to be like blackberry soon
Andy Yue wrote:

Koodo is is going to be like blackberry soon

Will someone come in and buy out all our tabs at market price? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo should Triple the data 😉
Userlevel 4
You all know it's coming. Just give it a few days and I'm sure Koodo or some other competitor will come out with a similar plan. Telecommunication companies in this country are like clockwork.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

You all know it's coming. Just give it a few days and I'm sure Koodo or some other competitor wil...

Hahaha! You sure got that right 😃
Userlevel 7
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

You all know it's coming. Just give it a few days and I'm sure Koodo or some other competitor wil...

Considering the fact Koodo decided not to do any "back to school" type promotions (whether it be a plan or not), I'm very skeptical about what they will do. It's sad but I honestly can't remember the last time Koodo offered anything "competitive"
Userlevel 6
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Agreed with Ahmad. What I find the saddest in the batch of changes than happened at Koodo is that they mostly went from leaders to followers. When I joined mid-2011, Koodo came up with all sorts of different things, be it the $25 referrals or the Double Minutes/Data promos and the likes. Caught Fido/Virgin off guard a couple of times and it made the competition look bad, which was a bonus. Nowadays, Koodo simply waits for the competition to make a (small) move before being fully satisfied with only matching said offer.
Userlevel 7
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

This is the beginning of the competition I was waiting and hoping for. Koodo will need to figure out a way to grow and still compete. Imo we'll probably see lots of changes before January rolls around. Keeping in mind all of this competition will only benefit us as end users.
Userlevel 6
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Isn't January when the 700 MHz auction takes place?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Yup it's in January
Koodo has now doubled the data on the $40 and $50 plans. Still not enough for me to join up yet though. My wife has 600 MB and 450 minutes for $39. Now I can get 400 MB and 200 minutes for $40. Come on Koodo, give me 1 GB and 100 minutes for $40. Most of us don't need air time any more.
Userlevel 4
angus.black wrote:

Koodo has now doubled the data on the $40 and $50 plans. Still not enough for me to join up yet ...

Okay then...sooner than a few days lol
anyone know how long this promo is for? just signed up yesterday before the promo and tried switching in online account but says only one plan change per cycle
Userlevel 6
Kevin Anderson wrote:

anyone know how long this promo is for? just signed up yesterday before the promo and tried switc...

Simply call Koodo up (*611 from your cellphone) and a rep will change it for you. There is usually a $10 charge to change your plan through a rep on the phone, but in this case, Self-Serve won't allow you to do it so you won't be charged. Enjoy your new promo plan! 🙂