Community

Solved

Fido and Virgin offering double data until June 6th

Userlevel 1
Will Koodo match the offers?

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey Eric, no one knows until the deals are posted on the website.
Userlevel 1
Chadwick wrote:

Just bringing it to the attention of any Koodo reps who happen to be perusing the community.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

That's cool, was just answering ur question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Eric, i was just informed that Koodo will be matching the deal!
Userlevel 1
Chadwick wrote:

That's awesome. Thanks for the update!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Not a problem, you may have to call from ur phone to get the deal if its not listed in sefl serve.
Userlevel 1
Chadwick wrote:

I appreciate the tip.
Userlevel 1
Chadwick wrote:

So...?
Chadwick wrote:

I can confirm the deal is there. I just got the exact $40 deal with Koodo right now.
Userlevel 4
just looked at the other company's site and the fine print read:

"Limited time offer plans are only available when you activate a new account."

so I can only assume that even if Koodo follows suit, the people already here need not apply?
Userlevel 7
Jay Why wrote:

just looked at the other company's site and the fine print read:

"Limited time offer plans are o...

Yes, Koodo just follows the leaders...
Userlevel 4
The catch will probably be for customers getting a new phone. Koodo recently cut prices on some phones (namely the Nexus 6P) to chase people onto Tab Plus plans so I am sure Fido & Virgin customers are clambouring for price matches too!
I can confirm the deal is there with Koodo. I just got the exact $40 deal with Koodo right now by calling them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
TheUglyDuckling wrote:

I can confirm the deal is there with Koodo. I just got the exact $40 deal with Koodo right now by...

Did you upgrade your phone or just switch to this promo plan?
TheUglyDuckling wrote:

I can confirm the deal is there with Koodo. I just got the exact $40 deal with Koodo right now by...

I have my own phone. So, it was just a simple switch.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
TheUglyDuckling wrote:

great (^_^)
Userlevel 1
TheUglyDuckling wrote:

I just switched as well. Very easy. No hassle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
TheUglyDuckling wrote:

Eric, did you do it over the phone or at a booth?
Userlevel 1
TheUglyDuckling wrote:

Over the phone with a pleasant rep. If you call quickly enough, there's no wait times.
Userlevel 4
TheUglyDuckling wrote:

Eric & UglyDuckling -- what is included in your $40 plan? 500 minutes & 1GB? I see Virgin has unlimited minutes & 2GB for $50 but Fido does not have this.
TheUglyDuckling wrote:

Yes, Jeremy. $40 for 500 min. and 1 GB.
But Koodo does have $50 for 2GB because that's what they offered me first and I refused.
Userlevel 4
TheUglyDuckling wrote:

Thanks, just making sure you got the best value and a plan & price that meets your needs!
TheUglyDuckling wrote:

Yeah, I'm going from 100 MB to 1 GB, so it's a big jump for me. If it's not enough then I'll make the leap for 2 GB lol.
Thanks mate!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
TheUglyDuckling wrote:

Theuglyduckling, are u in Quebec ? 100mb to 1Gb is way more than double the data. I don't think u got the promo more of a plan change
TheUglyDuckling wrote:

Nope. Toronto, ON!
Yeah, I know the Quebecois have the same $40 promo on the open.