Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Fido and Koodo Identical Plans

Why is Koodo's and Fido's plans identical? Where is the competition? As a Koodo customer, i have a gr8 plan, but want to see some competition so that we get better deals in the future..

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We all do, Nez! Not real competition this way huh?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
With a $350 medium type tab that will also clear in 2 years and a $200 small tab type I'd say Fido is actually better, wow how things have changed.
Userlevel 5
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

With a $350 medium type tab that will also clear in 2 years and a $200 small tab type I'd say Fid...

Other than the inferior network 😉
Userlevel 3

With a $350 medium type tab that will also clear in 2 years and a $200 small tab type I'd say Fid...

Which is why I left Koodo as an employee and customer Paul lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Been weighing my options with other carriers as well which really doesn't sit well with me but I have hopes Koodo will hopefully make some moves soon. I guess your like me Rocky and like to devote yourself to a product or service you truly believe in whether it's using or selling 5hat product or service..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Jorden, their network maybe slightly inferior, but considering the Rogers/Fido subscriber base, I doubt that it's an issue.
Userlevel 5

Part of that is because they will also charge more for the exact same phone. Ace 2X: $150 with Koodo, $200 Fido, HTC Desire: $150 Koodo, $300 Fido, Nexus 5: $400 Koodo, $500 Fido. Also there is the fact that Koodo can pay off before 2 years if your using a lot, after which time any Tab charges will drop off automatically. Above that, you also get better voicemail with Koodo (iirc VM 10 with Koodo vs VM 3 with Fido), and you get an extra hour of unlimited calling in the morning since Koodo ends the evenings and weekends at 8 am vs just about everyone else at 7 am. Plus you get a lot better customer service with Koodo than Fido.

my question was never about Koodo's better customer service, better phone prices and better voicemail, over fido. I simply asked the question as to why would they have identical plans? I thought they were competitors and one should always provide better plans than the other, if there is any competition. Unless behind closed doors, they are one Giant monopoly, then I can't say anything to that. Until then, I will ask the question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well, you probably just answered your own question, Nez 😞 We're just as unhappy as yourself, but what can we do... we're all only fellow customers.
Userlevel 7

Class action lawsuit lol
Userlevel 6
Now we need some good ol' collusion and see Koodo match Fido 😉 Come on guys, it's not like we don't know already, just match it and be done with it!
Userlevel 7
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

Now we need some good ol' collusion and see Koodo match Fido 😉 Come on guys, it's not like we d...

I know right... its so sad how this is unfortunately true.
Userlevel 2
Koodo & Fido: The impression of competition and choice, with the same collusion and price-fixing you've grown to expect 😉