Koodo Community

Community

Solved

family plan?

do you guys a family plan?

17 replies

Userlevel 5
Yes, although not in the sense that you're used to. All phone lines on any one account has unlimited calling to any of the other lines on the same account, no matter the minute limit on the account.
Userlevel 5
unlimited calls between numbers under the same account, there is no share-able data though.
ok thank you
Kinda useless when your plan already has unlimited minutes, no?  I was also looking for a familly plan to share the data.  It seems it does not exist on koodo...?
Disappointing for Koodo not to have share-able data plan that you can manage your data by phone. A family plan where I can set max data per phone (so my kids don't use up all the data the first day). Koodo needs to invest in this type of technology so parents can manage all under the same plan. Currently I have to use Bell, Rogers and Koodo. I would love to have them under the same account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zaldivar.jose wrote:

Disappointing for Koodo not to have share-able data plan that you can manage your data by ph...

Does any other company have share-able data plan that you can manage your data by phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zaldivar.jose wrote:

Disappointing for Koodo not to have share-able data plan that you can manage your data by ph...

Koodo probably offers the best ability to build a set of accounts with specific limits on both minutes and data for each user, while offering free calls between users, and a single payment.

I read horror stories on shared data accounts where one of the young users consumes all the data, and THEN authorizes overages without the knowledge of the account holder!

zaldivar.jose wrote:

True stories. It just happen to me here @ Koodo. There is no provision for me to authorize overages for Kids' phones. One of my kid just reply to a text from Koodo and before I could react, she watched an entire Netflix movie on the Data plan. I have since cancelled Data on her phone and have to pay $2/month to ensure Data is not enabled on her phone. I like Koodo, but the lack of Family plan that I can fully control will be the only reason for me to switch providers. Unfortunately Rogers is only one that offers it, but I heard it does not allow me to control the amount of Data shared across the devices.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zaldivar.jose wrote:

For total control, prepaid is the way to go. Your child can burn through 1GB of data, true, but there is no way he or she can get overage fees. There is no fee to limit data, simply don't buy another booster...

Koodo has stated several times that they have no intention to confine full control to the account holder - unless you put in a data block there is no way you can prevent the child from simply replying with a "yes" and bypass the shock free data limit.
zaldivar.jose wrote:

Also Koodo has the cheapest plans already, shareable or not so why would you switch? Even if you both have to pay your own bill without sharing it's still cheaper than any other company, when you find a company that has the best plans for the service, there usually is no frills in order to make the plans cheaper. So they keep it simple.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zaldivar.jose wrote:

We would ask that you dont revive old threads. If you have any questions feel free to create a new one!
zaldivar.jose wrote:

sorry this came up when I searched a question and I noticed people were still talking on it. Would you mind explaining what the harm is in commenting on an older thread?
zaldivar.jose wrote:

I been divorced for 10 years my ex husband opened an account with koodo for my 16 year old daughter under his name .he default with payments. my question is  I have on account with koodo too can i put my daughter under my account with her existing phone or koodo will transfer what ever amount my ex husband owes to koodo?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zaldivar.jose wrote:

Did he get the phone for her through a tab? Koodo might blacklist it due to lack of payment if so. That would be the only concern. Otherwise you'd be good.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zaldivar.jose wrote:

hi Ivett,
Was her account suspended? I don't know if Koodo allows you to transfer an account with an outstanding balance on it. They might ask your ex to pay the balance before transfer.

Does your daughter want to keep her number? If she doesn't care, then you could just open a new line on your account and give it to her. Your ex could then cancel that account and pay Koodo the balance himself (or you can give the money to him to pay).
zaldivar.jose wrote:

thank you for the fast respond .

I bought her phone out right. she has no problem getting a new number if she absolutely has to  .. yes his account was suspended do to non payment for the service.  I just don't want to pay for my ex negligent ...that shouldn't be my responsibility.

My understanding from your replay she is good to go under my account.

please confirm .

Thank you
Ivett

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zaldivar.jose wrote:

@Ivett:
Yes, she should be fine to go under your account. You would be 100% responsible for that as it is registered under your name (a new number for her)