Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Family Member calling.. (Fav 5 etc)

I am looking at switching from another carrier and have a question related to 'family wide calling'. How do I add a family member to my family wide list? IE: With Rogers I have 5 numbers I can call unlimited times but I need to give Rogers the #'s. How does this work with Koodo?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo no long has the 5 essentials add-on., only numbers on the same account has the extra perk of unlimited Canada wide calling with each other
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Koodo no long has the 5 essentials add-on., only numbers on the same account has the extra perk o...

The 5 essentials add on IS still available, it has not been discontinued. Customer service can add it if it does not appear in self serve, although for $10 a month you may still be better off switching to an unlimited plan instead.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Koodo no long has the 5 essentials add-on., only numbers on the same account has the extra perk o...

Oh I see it. WOnder why Koodo took it off the Koodo Add-on page
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Right now, I have to assume it's an oversight, although it could be on the way out, since it makes less and less economic sense with each new batch of rate plans that gets rolled out.
So if I don't want to pay my son's phone bill who does not live at home etc I'm out of luck?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Matt Grünenwald wrote:

So if I don't want to pay my son's phone bill who does not live at home etc I'm out of luck?

Yes. Or you could just get one of the unlimited plans
Userlevel 5
Matt Grünenwald wrote:

Yeah it's unfortunate wording for something that strictly means calling to other people on the same bill. I assume it's because people keep asking for family plans.