Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Facebook unlimited

i would like to use Facebook unlimited …witch plan or add-on would be the best offer

8 replies

Userlevel 2
No data plan offers unlimited Facebook. You can use wifi to use Facebook without using data charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There are no plans or add ons that offer unlimited Facebook unless you have a blackberry phone (pre-bb10).
Userlevel 6
You should look into getting a Plan with at least 1GB of Data (preferably more) since I'm sure you'll be using other Apps that will likely be updating while you're using Facebook (especially if it's an Android device).
Userlevel 1
You'll need to be on a texting plan. Then you can use the sms shortcode 32665 (FBOOK) to get alerts and upload pictures via mms. http://www.wikihow.com/Upload-Mobile-Photos-to-Facebook That, or use the Facebook app when in a wifi area.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your mileage may vary, but I never found that notifications via facebook worked as well as they were supposed to. It would invariably show me about half a sentence, then direct me to a link that didn't exist to view the rest.
Userlevel 1
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Your mileage may vary, but I never found that notifications via facebook worked as well as they w...

Depends on your texting app. The one that comes with the newer Androids doesn't sync well. You can use a 3rd party messaging application like Handcent or Chomp, or try Facebooks messaging app. You have the option of making it your default, or using it just for FB notifications. Problem is, the default texting app doesn't convert messages that just have long text to mms, unless media involved. The only other time I got MMS messages proper, if no media was involved (audio/video) was if I had them sent via email -> MMS relay. Keep in mind you need to have DATA on for this to work, and may want to install an app that lets you control what apps can use data 24/7, or use the MMS only workaround with the APN settings.
Userlevel 1
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Your mileage may vary, but I never found that notifications via facebook worked as well as they w...

Having re-read what I wrote, it just might be that the automated system doesn't tell the server on Koodo's end that this should be an MMS message. Using the FB Messenger App is probably what solves this...its scripted in options to send it as MMS.
Userlevel 5
How much Facebooking do you do? Just get a normal data plan and you should fine. Facebook doesn't use that many MBs anyways.