Koodo Community

Community

Solved

extended warranty .. what if you cancel

Curious.. Lets say you buy the extended warranty with a brand new phone with koodo, and 6 - 7 months down the road you cancel your koodo plan.. what happens to the warranty? Do you get a refund? or is the warranty over and done with?

16 replies

Userlevel 1
If you paid $99 upfront, they keep your money and your warranty is cancelled. If you were paying monthly, you don't pay any more and receive a pro-rated refund for the month you're in. Your warranty is cancelled in this case as well. http://extendedwarranty.koodomobile.com/Portals/80/Koodo_Program_Plan.pdf
Userlevel 7
Hellothere wrote:

If you paid $99 upfront, they keep your money and your warranty is cancelled. If you were paying...

Hellothere wrote:

If you paid $99 upfront, they keep your money and your warranty is cancelled. If you were paying...

According to that screen shot, it talks about the Program not what happens if you cancel your active koodo line
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hellothere wrote:

"If you or we terminate the Contract..." Since the extended warranty is part of the contract, it would follow that cancelling your active Koodo line would be you terminating the contract. From the Terms and conditions document: [b]What does the plan cover? The plan covers the eligible mobile phone that you own and purchased from Koodo and is actively registered on the Koodo network. http://extendedwarranty.koodomobile.com/Portals/80/KOODO_TermsandConditions_11_17_14.pdf
Userlevel 1
Hellothere wrote:

Chad Burr, I don't understand what you are trying to say? If you cancel within 15 days of signing up, you get a full refund, if you cancel later, you don't get a cent is what it says on the screenshot you posted. OP asked about cancelling 6-7 months later. "[b]Cancellation Refunds: You may cancel at any time. If You cancel 15 days within enrollment, You will receive a full refund of Program Costs. [b]After the first 15 days, You will not receive a refund for the Paid-Up-Front Program; for a Monthly Program You will receive a refund for the remainder of the month, pro-rated on a daily basis." "[b]Cancellation. Any termination, cancellation, suspension, interruption, or discontinuation of Your wireless service with Koodo for any reason constitutes cancellation of the Plan by You, subject to the terms and conditions of the Contract."
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hellothere wrote:

Chad didn't say anything, he just posted a screenshot 😛
Userlevel 7
Hellothere wrote:

hellothere, the answer to OPs question is answered in your quotations actually. First paragraph. Last sentence after the semi colon
Userlevel 1
Hellothere wrote:

Ahmad, he did not say whether he would be paying upfront or monthly for the warranty.
Userlevel 7
Hellothere wrote:

It doesn't matter. The whole first paragraph explains BOTH situations.
Userlevel 1
Hellothere wrote:

"hellothere, the answer to OPs question is answered in your quotations [b]actually." That "actually" part made it seem like I said "Even though I am posting this, it does not answer OPs question." I know my post answers his question.
Userlevel 7
Hellothere wrote:

Oh I understand now. I thought your quoations were from Chad's screenshot which I didn't look at. Yes you are right
Userlevel 7
Hellothere wrote:

Oh I understand now. I thought your quoations were from Chad's screenshot which I didn't look at. Yes you are right
Hellothere wrote:

Well if you paid up front you should get a refund if you cancel your line after 2 months, but they won't refund it, In the terms and conditions. the "contract" is actually referring to the terms and conditions of the plan coverage , not to koodo line. I do understand the other part where it says active line, but if you paid upfront it is registerd for 2 years prepaid , thus they should prorate it or not. I called up koodo, and the one rep told me the warranty would still be valid, than came here. got a different answer lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hellothere wrote:

That's a risk you take by getting the $45 discount for buying up front. If you have the expectation that you will stay with Koodo, then the up-front purchase makes sense, if not, then the monthly makes more sense. Not sure why you would expect to have it both ways?
Userlevel 1
Hellothere wrote:

Which one would you believe: the agreement in writing or a frontline rep?
Hellothere wrote:

Well the writing says contracts, which means that the contract is the terms and conditions. if you buy the phone outright and you are month to month, you are not in a contract with "koodo" thus the terms and conditions set on that "contract for the warranty " don't state what happens. they say your line has to be active, it isn't specific in the sense of paying in full. a 45 discount on what? you get no discount if you pay the phone with no tab. you are still paying the full warranty price as well.