Koodo Community
Solved

Existing Customer Trying to Get a new promotion plan

• 4 September 2020
  • 11 replies

I would like to upgrade my plan from $50 for 5 gb to the promoted plan which is $50 for 9gb. Your online service is hard to navigate because everything to busy. I would like to schedule a call back to discuss this asap before the plan expires. Thank you

icon

Best answer by Dennis 5 September 2020, 01:31

The promo is for new activation or current customers who upgrade on tab

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone are you planning to purchase? What error are you getting?

I’m already an existing Koodo member and I got the galaxy s8 and im in the $50 for 5 gb plan

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can get those promo plan when you upgrade phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks yall. Btw how do you get somebody on the phone at Koodo? 

Userlevel 5

Thanks yall. Btw how do you get somebody on the phone at Koodo? 

Schedule a callback on Koodo Assist and an agent will get back to you.

Hi Koodo Family,

I have a $50 Koodo Mobile Plan currently on a medium tab with the Google Pixel 3a XL.

I want to change to the new promotional $50 Koodo Mobile Plan with the bonus 5GB data for new activations.

• To do this can I unlock my phone in the Koodo self serve account.
  • Pay off my current tab balance down to zero.
  • Cancel my subscription service.
  • Start a new activation on Koodo’s website under BYOP and the promotional $50 plan for the $0 connection fee (including SIM card).
  1. Will this work?
  2. In this process can I still keep my current phone number?
  3. SInce I’m changing SIM cards but staying with the same carrier will I lose the information on my current SIM card?
  4. What info is stored on the Koodo SIM card that I will lose and is there anyway to get that information back onto my new SIM card?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, you could, but you'd have to port out your number instead of closing your account and then port it back in. It's probably much easier to go with a provider that has a similar offer. Nowadays there is nothing stored on a SIM card except the network information anyway. If you have more questions, could you please start your own thread? It's much appreciated 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Koodo Family,

I have a $50 Koodo Mobile Plan currently on a medium tab with the Google Pixel 3a XL.

I want to change to the new promotional $50 Koodo Mobile Plan with the bonus 5GB data for new activations.

• To do this can I unlock my phone in the Koodo self serve account.
  • Pay off my current tab balance down to zero.
  • Cancel my subscription service.
  • Start a new activation on Koodo’s website under BYOP and the promotional $50 plan for the $0 connection fee (including SIM card).
  1. Will this work?
  2. In this process can I still keep my current phone number?
  3. SInce I’m changing SIM cards but staying with the same carrier will I lose the information on my current SIM card?
  4. What info is stored on the Koodo SIM card that I will lose and is there anyway to get that information back onto my new SIM card?

There's nothing to unlock with Pixel phones.

Insulting that this is only for new customer or upgrades, why do long term customers not have access to these deals ?  Has anyone had any success getting this deal without a new activation or upgrade?  Is it possible to call Koodo these days or is it all call back only?  I could just transfer to Fido or Virgin to get the same deal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Insulting that this is only for new customer or upgrades, why do long term customers not have access to these deals ?  Has anyone had any success getting this deal without a new activation or upgrade?  Is it possible to call Koodo these days or is it all call back only?  I could just transfer to Fido or Virgin to get the same deal.

Long term customers can get it with an upgrade.  But if you dont want to upgrade, I recommend signing up with Fido or Virgin as a new activation.