Koodo Community
Question

Email offer

I received the following email a couple of days ago. Is this legit?

Over the past few years, we’ve worked hard to enhance our network coverage and quality. Today, we are more committed than ever to deliver the best service possible.

To continue supporting our network enhancements, your rate plan of $40/month will increase to $43/month, effective July 1, 2019.

With this in mind, we’d like to offer you an option to switch to another great plan. Get 2 GB of Shock‑Free®️data with unlimited Canada‑wide minutes and messaging (text and picture)1 for $45 a month. This offer will only be available until July 31, 2019.

Text 2GB45 to 5241 by July 31, 2019, to switch to this new plan. It may take up to 7 days to process, but don’t worry, you’ll get a text alert from us when the change gets applied to your account.

If you’d like to explore other rate plan options,
see koodo.com/plans.

Sincerely,
Koodo

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yup. Any reason you don't think it legit?
This is the first email I can recall ever receiving from Koodo. They always text. And my husband has the same plan as I do and he never received the offer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm sure that they'll eventually get to your husband as well about the rate increase. I'm surprised that he hasn't gotten it yet honestly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@chloecat Are you suggesting your husband might be interested in the special offer hence your inquiry?
@chloecat Are you suggesting your husband might be interested in the special offer hence your inquiry?

Yes, he is interested as he has the same plan as I. I forwarded him the email I received so he has the info he needs to text. Hope that will work.
Userlevel 2
I received the following email a couple of days ago. Is this legit?

I've never had a rate increase in 7 years.
I've always had a tab though.
Do you have a tab?
I always get texts of new offers, an email sounds suspicious.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@James The email is from us. And the OP likes the alternate offer, that is why she is asking if her husband can have it as well.
Userlevel 3
Hello there! I managed to track the account but I was not able to find a second line. Do you think that you can ask your husband to send us a Private Message on Facebook. I'm more than sure that we can find a suitable solution.
Thanks all for your responses. Bernard was in touch and my husband now has the same offer. And yes it is legit.
I too received this exact same offer twice: May 8, 2019 and July 12, 2019. When I sent the text to accept this offer I got this reply: “Koodo: Sorry, it doesn’t look like you’re eligible for this offer at the moment. We’ll be sure to keep you in mind for future deals! To be excluded, reply unsubscribe or visit ...” I have three phones on my account and two of us received the same reply about not being eligible when we attempted to accept the offer and one phone number received a response saying this deal will be applied to that number. The email didn’t state it was valid for only one of the phones; the only restriction was to accept the offer prior to July 31, 2019 which we tried to do. Today July 29 I stopped in to the North Bay Koodo kiosk they told me they couldn’t help and directed me to call *611. Julio tried to assist me when Koodo callback phoned me but he told me no such email offer was showing up on my account. He offered a different deal - while it would give me more GB it would cost $15 more per month($180 per year) than the offer in the email KOODO SENT ME. What is going on?????
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I too received this exact same offer twice: May 8, 2019 and July 12, 2019. When I sent the text to accept this offer I got this reply: “Koodo: Sorry, it doesn’t look like you’re eligible for this offer at the moment. We’ll be sure to keep you in mind for future deals! To be excluded, reply unsubscribe or visit ...” I have three phones on my account and two of us received the same reply about not being eligible when we attempted to accept the offer and one phone number received a response saying this deal will be applied to that number. The email didn’t state it was valid for only one of the phones; the only restriction was to accept the offer prior to July 31, 2019 which we tried to do. Today July 29 I stopped in to the North Bay Koodo kiosk they told me they couldn’t help and directed me to call *611. Julio tried to assist me when Koodo callback phoned me but he told me no such email offer was showing up on my account. He offered a different deal - while it would give me more GB it would cost $15 more per month($180 per year) than the offer in the email KOODO SENT ME. What is going on?????

@Anbie Do you have multiple lines in your account? the promo might be applied to 1 number. I think they also sent text to that one.

Anyway, If a rep mentioned they didn't see it on the number, you need to get it loaded. I would suggest you send message to their facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo with a screenshot of the email. You could ask them if they load the offer on other line.
Thanks @Dinh! Yes we have multiple phones on the account. No text was received about the offer on any of our phones.
My son ended up contacting Koodo via Facebook and the rep Julia was able to match the email offer and applying to the other phones on my account. It doesn’t make sense to me that a rep via Facebook can match and apply the offer when a rep on the phone was not able to nor did he pass me on the someone who could when I asked if there was anyone else I could speak to.
Anyway, it’s all sorted now.