Koodo Community

Easyroam is not working

I am currently in the UK and have activated easyroam on my account prior to leaving Canada. I have tried my sim in both iPhone and Android but the sim is not providing any network. This has been the same for weeks and my account is basically unusable right now.

Does anyone know a solution?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am currently in the UK and have activated easyroam on my account prior to leaving Canada. I have tried my sim in both iPhone and Android but the sim is not providing any network. This has been the same for weeks and my account is basically unusable right now.

Did you include the International Voice Roaming add-on when you enabled Easy Roam on your Self-Serve account?

Did you include the International Voice Roaming add-on when you enabled Easy Roam on your Self-Serve account?

Thanks for the reply MilkyWay

This is what is included:

1000min International LD Add-on (AUS UK, GER, CHN, HK, IND, S. KOR)

Koodo VoLTE Access

UL Can Calling & Intl SMS

$13/day Easy Roam INTL

Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance

$9/day US Easy Roam

Am I missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo VoLTE Access

$13/day Easy Roam INTL

$9/day US Easy Roam

Am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing the International Voice Roaming add-on. You need to include that in order for the roaming feature to work. Log in to your Self-Serve account, click “View rate plan”, and scroll down to the “Manage add-ons” button to add it. 

If you want to use data as well, you need to include the International Data Roaming add-on to your plan.

Koodo VoLTE Access

$13/day Easy Roam INTL

$9/day US Easy Roam

Am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing the International Voice Roaming add-on. You need to include that in order for the roaming feature to work. Log in to your Self-Serve account, click “View rate plan”, and scroll down to the “Manage add-ons” button to add it. 

If you want to use data as well, you need to include the International Data Roaming add-on to your plan.

Thanks, but the only options to add are as follows:

• Call Control
  • Data Block with Picture Message
  • Instant Voicemail
  • International Long Distance Saver
  • Visual Voicemail
  • U.S. Unlimited Minutes
  • China & Hong Kong Unlimited Minutes
  • India 1000 Minutes

There isnt an international voice roaming option on there and the international long distance saver appears to be for when in Canada, nothing for when outside of Canada… Any options?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks, but the only options to add are as follows:

• Call Control
  • Data Block with Picture Message
  • Instant Voicemail
  • International Long Distance Saver
  • Visual Voicemail
  • U.S. Unlimited Minutes
  • China & Hong Kong Unlimited Minutes
  • India 1000 Minutes

There isnt an international voice roaming option on there and the international long distance saver appears to be for when in Canada, nothing for when outside of Canada… Any options?

You need to send a message to a Koodo rep on Facebook Messenger or Twitter and see if they can add it for you. You can also download an app that can make or receive calls, such as Fongo, and schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to that number instead.