Koodo Community
Solved

Easy Roam Price Increased illegally.

• 14 February 2019
  • 15 replies

I noticed on my recent bill that I was charged $1 more for my Easy Roam add-on than the price that it was when I signed up for it.

I was not informed about the price increase and will be requesting a refund.

Please advise on when will I be receiving it.

Thank you
icon

Best answer by Mats 15 February 2019, 04:58

Where on my September bill does it say that the price on Easy Roam to increase?

I have had Easy Roam on my account since March 2018. I remember hearing about the price increase in other ways(self serve) as well as it being shown on my bill. On my Sept. bill(page 1) it states the $1 increase effective Nov. 1 2018. It does not show on my Oct. or Nov. bill which is strange IMO.

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Look at your sept pdf ebill on self serve

https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-66722/easy-roam-price-increase-when-sim-activated-7779408#post19702415
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm reasonably certain that the text message you receive when your phone first connects to a roaming network lists the roaming rates as well.
I did not receive the text when going into roaming, only when back to canada.

Also, I signed up for $7 per day. I`ve used this option in 2018 and all was fine.

The link you are suggesting above responds to someone else`s inquiry.

I was not officially informed of price increase.

Instead, I was told that I am in roaming while at my home hundreds of kilometers from border at some point.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I did not receive the text when going into roaming, only when back to canada.

Also, I signed up for $7 per day. I`ve used this option in 2018 and all was fine.

The link you are suggesting above responds to someone else`s inquiry.

I was not officially informed of price increase.

Instead, I was told that I am in roaming while at my home hundreds of kilometers from border at some point.

Did you look at your September pdf ebill? THe notice was not just given to the one person who asked the question.

How are you told that you are roaming when you are hundreds of km away from the boarder and at home?
@Dennis

I received a text message saying that I am going into roaming. I then called the Customer Service center. CSR started talking about being close to big bodies of water... and that radio waves travel over that... Something completely irrelevant.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Dennis

I received a text message saying that I am going into roaming. I then called the Customer Service center. CSR started talking about being close to big bodies of water... and that radio waves travel over that... Something completely irrelevant.

DOes the text not talk about easy roam ?

If you had and kept the easy roam add-on, your september (maybe check August and Octorber too) bill should have some kind of message. I did not, so it doesnt show on my bill.
What text are you talking about?

I have my bill for SEPTEMBER. It does talk that it did bill be $7 per day of Easy Roam.

My FEBRUARY bill says that I was charged $8 per day for Easy Roam.

There was no notification of price increase. This is the problem I am facing. The price increase, not the charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Im referring to the roaming text.

WHen you look at the detailed pdf ebill for september, do you see any notes for writing that warns you that Easy roam will be $7/month to the US until November?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
On a side note, I would like to point out that, contrary to popular belief, throwing around such phrases as "illegal" or "against the law", or other implied threats of legal action are unlikely to get your issue resolved any faster, and may, in fact, result in it being handed over to the legal department where it could be tied up for weeks, or even months, with front line agents forbidden from handling the account at all.
Alrighty then. Note taken.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Look at your sept pdf ebill on self serve

https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-66722/easy-roam-price-increase-when-sim-activated-7779408#post19702415

Bingo. Much as it sucks, just because someone doesn't read the notification doesn't mean it wasn't given. Unfortunately, this was not an illegal increase, @Yuliana Stadnikova. They might eat the extra this time around as a gesture of good will (or might not), but I don't think there's any way to get the original rate frozen. There is no price protection for additional services--technically there aren't for your base plan either, though fortunately Koodo generally bucks the industry trend and leaves grandfathered plans alone.
Badge +4

I have had Easy Roam on my account since March 2018. I remember hearing about the price increase in other ways(self serve) as well as it being shown on my bill. On my Sept. bill(page 1) it states the $1 increase effective Nov. 1 2018. It does not show on my Oct. or Nov. bill which is strange IMO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And if you want to really dig in, if you look at Koodos service terms in which you agree to when you sign up with Koodo you will find the following:

"Yes, Koodo has the right to change any of the terms that are outlined in your Agreement... before we make any changes, we will give you at least thirty days' written notice, by bill message, text message or email."

And everyone was notified on their bill as shown above.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And if you want to really dig in, if you look at Koodos service terms in which you agree to when you sign up with Koodo you will find the following:

"Yes, Koodo has the right to change any of the terms that are outlined in your Agreement... before we make any changes, we will give you at least thirty days' written notice, by bill message, text message or email."

And everyone was notified on their bill as shown above.

Only if you had the Easy ROam add-on.

SInce I didnt have the Easy Roam add-on, I didnt get the message on my bill
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Only if you had the Easy ROam add-on.

SInce I didnt have the Easy Roam add-on, I didnt get the message on my bill

@Dennis yeah this makes sense. They didn't need to notify you because you didn't have the service active at the time. If you were to go in to turn it [back?] on, you would see the updated pricing and would be aware of it. They only need to notify those that activated under previous pricing.