Koodo Community

easy roam price increase when SIM activated

I am setting up new account for self service and yesterday the Easy Roam price was $7 and now that my SIM is activated today Easy Roam is increased to $8. WTF? How do I fix this.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Its showing as $8 for me as well now. Just looks like they increased the price of it. https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yup. No way to fix it. It's the new price.
Userlevel 4
Hey there! If you're adding Easy Roam on your account today and onward there's no getting around the $8 rate (whether you've added in the past and removed it, or are adding it for the first time). For customers that already have Easy Roam at $7/day, they will be paying the $8 rate as of November 1, 2018 and onward (they'll get a bill message saying this in September). You'll still only be charged when you use Easy Roam in the US, and the $100 cap per billing cycle remains the same.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey there! If you're adding Easy Roam on your account today and onward there's no getting ar...Ugh.  Just, ugh.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey there! If you're adding Easy Roam on your account today and onward there's no getting ar...Okay, so, I'm grumbling because like most normal people, I strongly dislike price increases.  That said, I have to give Koodo some credit for waiting until after the summer travel season to increase it for existing customers already on Easy Roam--unlike what they did with the international Easy Roam fee, jacking it up $2 at the start of June just before people typically start travelling for the summer.  So, Koodos (Kudos) for that, at least.

On the flip side, and someone correct me if I'm wrong here--wasn't the [i]´╗┐international´╗┐ Easy Roam fee $8/day when Easy Roam first launched a couple of years ago?  Kind of disheartening that US roaming has caught up to that now.  
Userlevel 4
Hey there! If you're adding Easy Roam on your account today and onward there's no getting ar...I'll take the Kudos wherever we can get them! International Easy Roam was never $8 with Koodo, if that makes you feel any better. 
Thanks, that's annoying but OK it is what it is. Is it a $100 billing cap (roaming continues but no additional charge), or a $100 usage cap (roaming suspended and no additional charges)?
Userlevel 4
Thanks, that's annoying but OK it is what it is. Is it a $100 billing cap (roaming continues but ...You can continue to roam as normal after the $100 cap with no additional charges in that billing cycle (assuming you haven't used up the data/voice/texting caps on your plan. If you have, you can top up at the domestic rate). Let me know if that is clear!
Badge +4
Thanks, that's annoying but OK it is what it is. Is it a $100 billing cap (roaming continues but ...Also remember that the billing cap resets wth your billing cycle.