Koodo Community
Question

easy roam in france

• 9 October 2021
  • 5 replies

I have activated my easy roam while visiting in France. I am able to receive phone calls and texts. I cannot use my data or call French or Canadian numbers. My phone has changed to a local provider (Bouygues) with full bars and stating LTE or 3G. When I try to use the browser it says “Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data service”. 

It has been 30 mins since I activated Easy Roam. I have turned on and off my phone and cellular data button.

Please Help!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you check your self serve and see if you have the data roaming add-on in it? From your description, you didn’t have a proper provision for data roaming.

Yes it’s added. I’ve double and tripled checked. 
Phone call outgoing and incoming seems to work and same with texting. But data roaming still isn’t working. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Phone call outgoing and incoming seems to work and same with texting. But data roaming still isn’t working. 

Did you include the International Data Roaming add-on to your Self-Serve account? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone are you using? Can you try to restart the phone and reset network and see if that help?

As you already had the data roaming addon, I will flag a rep here and see if they can check Koodo end. You could also contact them via Facebook/Twitter messaging(links at the bottom of the forum page).

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello @Ayvanart! We checked your account and we noticed that you already got in touch with our tech support team. A tech agent tried to reach you today and left a voicemail with their contact info. They will call you again tomorrow, please make sure to have your phone nearby.