Koodo Community

Community

Question

Easy Roam Clarification

Quick question. I was looking into getting Easy Roam on my phone as I'm heading overseas in a few days. The Koodo rep told me to wait till I got to Italy and put the Easy Rome feature on my phone when I got there. I'm under the impression that I can put the Easy Rome feature on my phone before I go but he said the 10 dollar/day charge would start as soon as I put it on my phone. Does that sound right??
Also he mentioned that I would need to text ROAM 7626 each and every day while I'm over there to have Easy Roam active each day. Does this sound right? I'm under the impression that I only need to text it one time only to cover my trip.
Thanks for any help that you can provide.

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That is all wrong and very strange that the rep said that.
You can activate easy roam whenever you like and get charged as soon as you send a text, make a call etc outside of canada. You get charged and then it is active for 24hours.
Once the easy roam add on is on your account it stays there until you remove it.
I thought it was totally wrong as well and that's why I came here for further clarification. Thanks for your help. It's appreciated..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Stacey, it saddens me to see that you know the features of our Easy Roam better than our own rep. 😞 Did you call in or visited a store? Would like to find the person you talked and provide some feedback.

You can indeed add the feature prior to your trip and there is no need to renew it daily.

I visited the store. And I'm not upset by the confusion on the reps part. I know it's a brand new feature that Koodo just recently added. Maybe some of the reps just need a little more clarification about Easy Roam. I'm just glad I came here and got the right answer before my departure. No worries. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Stacey K wrote:

I visited the store. And I'm not upset by the confusion on the reps part. I know it's a brand new...

Would you mind sharing the location? Exactly for the reason you mentioned. To provide clarification and avoid future misunderstanding. Thanks Stacey!
Stacey K wrote:

I visited the store. And I'm not upset by the confusion on the reps part. I know it's a brand new...

Sure. I was at the Bayshore Shopping Mall. I was there around 5:30 p.m today.. And you're welcome. 🙂
I am quite confused by "Easy Roam" . My wife goes to the UK on Wed. So, Koodo charges 60 cents per text from the UK on a per use basis. That means if she sends just 1 text per day under Easy Roam it will cost her $10.00 / day. Looking at it the other way she has to write 17 texts PER DAY just to break even. That might make sense if you are 16 years old and texting all your buddies all day, but for her it makes no sense. 

There used to be a plan where you paid, like $15 or something and you got 70 texts. Is that plan now gone ???? 

Many thanks !
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
vincej151 . wrote:

I am quite confused by "Easy Roam" . My wife goes to the UK on Wed. So, Koodo charges 60 cents pe...

Yeah, it is gone for now, not sure if Koodo will bring it back or when.

So now you have 2 options for roaming, easyroam or pay per use. There are lots of discussion around here already. You could ask her to do pay per use, if she just texts, then when she does alot of things, turn on easyroam.
vincej151 . wrote:

I am quite confused by "Easy Roam" . My wife goes to the UK on Wed. So, Koodo charges 60 cents pe...

So, am I correct that it will cost her $10 / day if she only texts once in the day ? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
vincej151 . wrote:

If she turns on easyroam, Yes, and capped at $100/billing cycle.
However, if she doesn't turn it on (remove the easyroam addon), it will cost 60cent?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
vincej151 . wrote:

You could also check out and switch to Telus if your rateplan is similiar to Telus pricing.. same company but with more options. https://www.telus.com/en/on/mobility/travel/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
vincej151 . wrote:

It's not only 10$ for texts. She will get full access to her phone. SO she can make calls to make reservations at the restaurant. She can use Google maps for searching places. Facebook, for posting pictures. It's not juste 10$ for one text.
I was wondering if I keep my phone on and I don't use it, do you still charge $10 a day. I will keep the data off but phone will be stand-by (using UK network).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Saim wrote:

I was wondering if I keep my phone on and I don't use it, do you still charge $10 a day. I will k...

No. You only get charged the $10 once you send a text, make or receive a call or use your data. If you don't use any of the phone features, then you won't be charged.
Userlevel 2
Normally you have to enable Data Roaming on your device to use it outside your home area.  Is this the case with Koodo Easy Roaming?
Userlevel 6
Dwayne_888 wrote:

Normally you have to enable Data Roaming on your device to use it outside your home area. &n...

Yes, because you are still roaming out of the country and using other towers.
Userlevel 2
Dwayne_888 wrote:

Normally you have to enable Data Roaming on your device to use it outside your home area. &n...

I thought so...but enabling Data Roaming is not in the Koodo tutorial 😞
Userlevel 6
Dwayne_888 wrote:

Wouldn’t your phone warn you that you have data roaming off if you are trying to use data while roaming?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dwayne_888 wrote:

What tutorial are you talking about?
Userlevel 2
Dwayne_888 wrote:

@Allan, in this link: https://www.koodomobile.com/help/easy-roam
Userlevel 2
Dwayne_888 wrote:

@Erwin, there is no warning. Either you have data connectivity enabled or you don't. 
Dwayne_888 wrote:

Is the 100 cap mean that if i use it more than 10 days out of that billing cycle that I go back to a pay per use or will easy roam still be in affect?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dwayne_888 wrote:

It will still be in effect you just get charged a maximum of 100 per billing cycle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dwayne_888 wrote:

@ Nicole, you will find additional details here, but Goran is correct and it means you can continue to use your phone plan without additional Easy Roam fees.

https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam

Dwayne_888 wrote:

In the U.S. , the Easy Roam fee is $7.00/day. Does that include unlimited data (or any data at all, for that price? Is that fee for the connection only?