Koodo Community
Question

Downgrade contract - keep add ons?

• 28 April 2020
  • 5 replies

I am looking to downgrade my contract temporarily whilst I am out of the country for a few months but I want to be able to keep my add ons (free international calling to UK & other countries) and then when I return to Canada, upgrade back to my current plan & move these add ons with it also. 

Self-serve isn’t too clear that this can be done (also i should mention they were free add ons) and I would rather just keep my current plan than have a cheaper plan but lose the add on….

Anyone know whether this is possible? 

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

By “downgrade”, you meant you want to put your plan on “seasonal hold”? or you want to change your plan into a cheaper rate plan? Do you have a Tab currently? 

By “downgrade”, you meant you want to put your plan on “seasonal hold”? or you want to change your plan into a cheaper rate plan? Do you have a Tab currently? 

I didn’t know ‘seasonal hold’ was a thing…! 

I had just thought to change to a cheaper rate plan. What do you mean by tab?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You'll choose from the in market plans at the time of coming back. If your plan is an old plan then you likely wont be getting it back.

As for the tab, it would be a phone you pay monthly for.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Some add-ons are tied to the plan you signed up to as a bonus, and may not continue to be available if you switch plans. Since these are important to you, be sure they will stay if you change plans. 
Can you share the description of your plan by copying it from the website?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I didn’t know ‘seasonal hold’ was a thing…! 

I had just thought to change to a cheaper rate plan. What do you mean by tab?

“Having a Tab” meant you got a phone from a Koodo and have to pay them monthly for that amount. https://www.koodomobile.com/tab

Seasonal hold is $15/month and it was meant to keep your number, it won’t keep your add-on. You would have to change to “in-market” plan when you return to Canada.

Cheaper rate plans also might not keep your add-on when you change your plan. It isn’t cheap either (minimum $30/month).