Koodo Community

Double Minutes!

Userlevel 1
Bring back double minutes & double data!

41 replies

Userlevel 1
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow If we all ask, Koodo will maybe consider it.
Userlevel 7
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow Not gonna happen now after the 700mhz auction. This thread was already marked as not planned. The big 3 are trying to make up the literal billions that they spent on early LTE expansion that pretty much nobody asked for... A little extra speed is great but I'd rather sacrifice LTE entirely for better data rates. That's how almost everyone else does it. I know we have world class cellular networks but not for these kind of prices.
Userlevel 1
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow In Ontario we're still waiting for the double minutes and data plans to come back! Hurry up please!
Userlevel 2
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow I'd like Koodo to offer customers a choice. I'm not advocating getting rid of the other plans. I'm suggesting that a new plan be created that offers more data, and is of a similar value and relative to the other plans. If the 2GB is typically XX% cheaper then the comparable Rogers/Bell/Telus/etc plan, then let's a 5gb or 6gb option that is in line with this as well. If some clients are happy with the current plan they have and what's already on offer, then perfect, no need to change. Regarding the discount carrier comment, if Koodo offered a 5GB plan as the maximum available data allocation, that would still be only 1/3 of the maximum data amount Rogers offers. I get that discount generally means 'less choice' when it comes to Koodo, but when it comes to data allocation I think we're long overdue for a bump, at a relative price of course.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow I want the Manitoba rate! I have 1GB of data and its only $5/500MB for overage. But I always have the same psychological block that I dont want to go over.
Userlevel 2
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow I much prefer the rate I get now 😉, but the 2GB for %60 is better off. I CANNOT justify $100 for 6GB, especially when I pay $60 for home internet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow It's all completely psychological. Overall, dont think of it as overages. It's all pay per use. If you get a 6GB plan you really are paying for piece of mind but you are losing out big time if you come no where near the 6GB. WIth a 2GB plan with $10/GB you can still use 6gb worth. Look at Timo's example above. Would you feel better if Koodo offered a 6GB plan for $100 or would you rather get the 2GB plan for $60 and $10 for every extra GB.
Userlevel 2
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow @Mattjs, why would a "discount carrier" offer more data? From a business stand point, there is absolutely no reason to. If you're doing basic web browsing/email, there's no reason to go over 1GB. Those that do extra are "choosing" to do it. Those that are choosing to do it are the ones complaining about needing more data. This goes back to my original stance, there is no actual reason to be offering anything more than 2, maybe 3GB of data usage.
Userlevel 6
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow They're probably banking on the fact that on some months, you won't pay overage fees because you won't bust your allowance, paying your normal plan rate, which is lower than the 6GB offerings from Robellus. I see some sense in it though. I'm on the QC $55 plan with 3GB, and if I go up to 6GB, I'm paying $85 total for the month I'll use 6GB. If I was on Rogers 6GB plan for $105, it'd be not only more expensive every month, but those months where I'd use 2GB only, I'd still pay $105, when Koodo would charge me $55. We always need more data, but in this case, I agree I'm better off with overages for the months I'm using more, and paying normal rates for the months I don't. But that's my own personal case, our wants/needs are all different.
Userlevel 2
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow That's the problem though, if customers want more than 3GB they're in a data overage situation. I get that Koodo is a 'discount' carrier, but surely they can at least offer increased data allocations in their plans, it does get requested rather frequently. I mean, even at 5GB or 6GB, that's still only 1/3 to 1/2 the data allocation size available at the big boys. When you start having to pay overage rates and you're coming in at only $5 cheaper at best, or are even more expensive at certain points, the whole 'discount' image Koodo has worked so hard to achieve, seems to come apart.
Userlevel 2
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow @Mattjs, you wouldn't a response like that from ANY service provider.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow True, Rogers has doubled their 3 GB plan to 6 GB. They're also charging $105 for it, with an overage rate of $15 per GB. Factoring in the overage rate on Koodo's $60, 2 GB plan, you get the same 6 GB for $5 less than Rogers charges, with an overage rate of only $10 per GB. I checked Fido's plans, and don't see any offering more than 2 GB. Bell is matching the Rogers 6 GB for $105 deal. Virgin is offering much the same as koodo and Fido. Yes, Rogers and Bell do have plans with up to 15 GB of data, but if you do the math you're still paying less with koodo unless you constantly exceed 10 GB. e.g. Rogers: 2 GB for $85, vs koodo: 2GB for $60 Rogers: 6GB for $105 vs koodo: 2 GB for $60 + 4 GB overage for $40 = $100 Rogers: 10GB for $140 vs koodo: 2GB for 60 + overage = $140 Rogers: 15 GB for $160 vs koodo: 2 gb + overage = $190 Note that only once you exceed 10 GB of usage does Rogers offer a better deal. Don't forget, as well, that on the koodo plan, if you use less data you pay less for the plan.
Userlevel 2
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow I'd love to hear one, but you're right, I don't expect it. That's the nature of Koodo unfortunately.
Userlevel 2
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow You won't get an official response, so don't expect one.
Userlevel 2
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow I'd love to hear an official response as to why the allocation size seems capped indefinitely at 3GB. Judging from other companies offerings, and the amount of requests for more data on this forum, I'd be surprised if it was because the demand just isn't there...
Userlevel 2
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow Matt, the airtime is also doubled as well. Koodo doesn't see a need to offer more than 3GB on a standard rate plan. I'd wager a guess when they've had the big 5GB/6GB promotions, very few people took them.
Userlevel 2
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow So Koodo doubles data on select plans, and in these plans, the largest allocation size of data available is 2GB. Anyone else find that pathetic? Why does the standard 3GB plan always get left out of these deals? I don't see why Koodo is so committed to not providing data buckets over 3gb, while other carriers have no issue with it. Data overages ftw.
Userlevel 2
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow I take 4x4 😛.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow Maybe they should cross promote with Tim Hortons lol
Userlevel 6
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow Is it just me, or do these plans should just become the regular, everyday plans? I mean, the "Double Double" promo comes into effect so many times a year that maybe they should make these plans standard. Then we could have "Triple Triple" 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/11/22/koodo-doubles-minutes-and-data-on-canada-wide-plans/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow Yay, might have to move the wife to Koodo this week , how do you knowthis PD?
Userlevel 2
Double the minutes and data starting tomorrow
Userlevel 3
Double the data started today on Canada wide $60 PP. Data is now at 2GB at the same price!I guess that justifies what i said in a previous post! I didn't have my hopes up lol
Userlevel 1
Double the data started today on Canada wide $60 PP. Data is now at 2GB at the same price!Well the double minutes are back but not all the plans that were available last year! 😞