Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does the unlimited texting includes worldwide texting?

I used to send texts to other countries before. I changed my number but with the same plan as I moved to another province. Today I was trying to inform my friends and family about my new number, but nobody outside Canada got my text message. Is that means the unlimited texting now does not include international texting? But virgin mobile with the same type of plan has the worldwide texting.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, your Koodo plan includes international texting. How long have you had your current number?
I have changed my number just 10 hours before...Will it take time to settle?
Userlevel 7
Suvra Chakraborty wrote:

I have changed my number just 10 hours before...Will it take time to settle?

It can take 24-72 hours for the servers around the world to make the correct changes to point to your new number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can use this tool to see if you are using the right country code and to see if Koodo has an agreement with the carrier of whom you are trying to text if the above doesn't work.

Click "What calling code do I use for international texts?"
http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/text-and-messaging/what-calling-co...
Allan wrote:

You can use this tool to see if you are using the right country code and to see if Koodo has an a...

It shows the operators on the list. But no luck... I am really disappointed. How the number change can block sending worldwide text.. 😞 no clue
Userlevel 7
Allan wrote:

You can use this tool to see if you are using the right country code and to see if Koodo has an a...

Because foreign servers aren't updated as quickly as domestic servers. Give it some more time and all will be good.
Allan wrote:

Thanks Bro 🙂
Allan wrote:

Hi there! I am trying to text cuba...incoming and outgoing are free?? Please let me know!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

hi Sarah,
yes, Koodo texting should be international and included in the plan.
Allan wrote:

does it also include unlimited calling

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

@Chantelle: Calling minute is a different category and No, it doesn't mean unlimited calling.
Allan wrote:

Either this page has changed or the link has. The page this links to currently only tells you that you might pay more for text subscriptions from outside parties. I'm trying to figure out how to text Cuba. Please help if you can.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

To text cuba you have to use the same dial pattern as you would while calling.
011 + 53 + 10 digit phone number