Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does Texting To The USA Cost Extra?

I have one of the older plans (Ontario, $55, 2GB, Unl. min., etc) and I was told to hang onto it as long as I could because new plans don't include texting to the US from Canada. I'm considering upgrading to a Galaxy S8+ on a tab large because I don't want to spend a lot of extra up-front and I want to have a 10GB plan. Though, if texting to the USA is going to be extra, I might have to rethink that stance as I text friends and family in the US quite a lot. So if someone could give me a straightforward answer to this, I would be most appreciative. Thank you so much in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
@William it looks like you are going to chose quite expensive plan. There is no way that texting to US wouldn't be included. Someone must be very ignorant or leaving on a different planet LOL. When you changing your plan you consult Koodo not "someone" what is going to be included in your plan. Even people on this forum can occasionally make mistakes. They are the same users like you. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Texting for all new plans are for international, it is not going to cost extra on top of your rate plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@William, all of our plans have included unlimited text from Canada to any international location not only the US for the last couple of years.  

If you are considering upgrading to a new phone right now we have a pretty good promo where you would get an addtional 2gb data plus a monthly bill credit for 24 months. You can find the details on our plans page here:

https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans