Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Does Tab Small really pay off $150 phone in 24 months?

For the Tab, either my math is off or I misread something. If I buy a $150 phone on the tab, and they put 15% of $29 per month against it, that's $4.35/month, which takes 35 months to reach $150. But the website says it will pay it off in 24 months. What did I misread?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You didn't misread anything and your math is not off. The tab gets cleared after 24 months, no matter if it's a tab S/M/L. Any remaining balance is wiped at that point. If you have a tab from before the new system, that one does not get cleared and some of those could take over 4 years to pay off.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Note that according to the Wireless code of conduct if you are under the old system that your contract will effectively be over and tab zeroed by no later than 3 June 2015. "369. The Commission finds that where an obligation relates to a specific contractual relationship between a WSP and a customer, the Wireless Code should apply if the contract is entered into, amended, renewed, or extended on or after 2 December 2013. In addition, in order to ensure that all consumers are covered by the Wireless Code within a reasonable time frame, the Wireless Code should apply to all contracts, no matter when they were entered into, by no later than 3 June 2015."
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Note that according to the Wireless code of conduct if you are under the old system that your con...

Nice addition. I did not know that. 🙂