Koodo Community
Solved

do i have to start using my new device right away?

• 19 December 2020
  • 5 replies

I am looking to jump on this double data promo right now.  I eventually want to switch from my current s9 to a pixel 4a, but there is still some life left in the samsung.  If i get the new phone on the promo plan am i obligated to start using it right away, or can i leave the sim in my s9 and only switch after it dies?  Obviously i would keep paying the tab on the new phone during this time.  I have been a koodo customer for roughly 10 years now...

icon

Best answer by Allan M 19 December 2020, 18:10

You can do whatever you like! The sim you currently have will stay activated and koodo doesn't care what phone you use so your plan will work smoothly😊

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can do whatever you like! The sim you currently have will stay activated and koodo doesn't care what phone you use so your plan will work smoothly😊

Thanks for the quick reply, Allan.  So just to clarify, even if i dont activate the new phone right away, the current sim will switch to the new, promo plan?

Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the quick reply, Allan.  So just to clarify, even if i dont activate the new phone right away, the current sim will switch to the new, promo plan?

Thanks again

Correct! You will receive a new sim with the new phone but it won't be activated. Just keep it as a spare if you ever need it down the road.

Excellent.  Thanks for your help.  Stay safe out there and have a merry christmas!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can use your new device right away too. Your old phone doesn't get deactivated or anything.  So if you want, you can use your old phone and new phone back and forth. Just move the SIM between them.

I'm using my Pixel 4a as my main device. But, Im also still using old phone when I needed.