Koodo Community

Community

Do i have to activate my sim card as soon as i get it?

if i buy a sim card with a monthly plan do i have to activate the sim card a soon as i get it or can i wait for my current prepaid plan with pc mobile run out in 2 months, also if i buy it and with the two months will i be charger the monthly fee before i activate it

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Hey Desmond, You can activate your sim anytime, is it a prepaid or a postpaid sim?
Erwin wrote:

Hey Desmond, You can activate your sim anytime, is it a prepaid or a postpaid sim?

post paid

Erwin wrote:

will i get charged for the monthly plan before i activate the sim?

Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

You can get your SIM card, and you won't get charged for your monthly bill until you activate your postpaid account. I recommend getting your sim the day you activate your postpaid account. I don't really want your sim while your waiting.
Erwin wrote:

how do I talk to someone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I might be wrong but monthly fees get charged a soon as the account is created... The activation has no role in that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How are you getting your sim card?  If you get a sim card from a kiosk, then you dont have to activate the sim card right away.  

But if you are getting the sim online as part of a new phone and account sign up, the phone and sim will come pre-activated for you
hello can someone help me? tyvm
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Diana Rose Sutch wrote:

hello can someone help me? tyvm

Hi Diana,

how can we help you?