Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data Usage?

I apparently have data on my phone now and it is being used. I don't use the internet or anything.. I just learned that picture messaging uses data but on my phone plan it says i have unlimited text and picture messaging.. So, given i'm in this certain situation..does it does contradict itself or what? What do i do to make sure i'm not charged for data? P.S I have a samsung intensity 550. And on the koodo self serve website there is no add-on where I can use something called "data block" for my phone.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You shouldn't get charged for picture messaging. Does your bill say $xx for pics? Samsung intensity is no-sim phone ( my son had it), I can't imagine there was background app cause these charges.... I would call Koodo to ask them where these charges come from. You can ask them add "data block", but I'm not sure how that effect to use mms (the CDMA network worked differently)
Userlevel 1
This happened to me with my samsung. I wouldn't be able to receive picture messaging unless my data was on. Same with my iphone, if my data isn't on then I can't get any picture messages! I'm not sure if it's something to do with the type of content it is where you need some data in order for it to work, but I would definitely suggest calling Koodo and asking them to explain it to you.
Userlevel 7
blueeskiies xo wrote:

This happened to me with my samsung. I wouldn't be able to receive picture messaging unless my da...

All phones using an HSPA network (3G, as people call it) require data to be turned on to send/receive MMS. That's just how the phones work.
blueeskiies xo wrote:

This happened to me with my samsung. I wouldn't be able to receive picture messaging unless my da...

So basically I'm being charged for something that's supposed to be free?
Userlevel 2
blueeskiies xo wrote:

Hey AJ! Can you please send us an email (via Self Serve): http://koo.do/YqucV0 (choose “Social Media”). We’ll take a look at your account 🙂 Thank you. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Well you don't have a smartphone so it's a different scenario because that phone doesn't have what one would refer to as data these days. I think something's wrong with how the system is reading your phone's usage. I would call customer service and/or tech support and have them look into it.