Koodo Community
Solved

Data plan not updating

• 19 August 2020
  • 6 replies

I recently updated my data plan to 8 GB. Under self serve is says my rate plan is 8gb shock free data but today I got a message that I have used have if my 4gb limit! What is going on with this?

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 19 August 2020, 16:44

It’s proration.

What is your billing cycle and when did you change your plan? 

If you changed your plan at middle of your billing cycle, you don’t get full 8GB.

You must be in half way into your billing cycle. That’s why you got 4gb instead of 8gb.

Once your new cycle starts, then you get full 8gb

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you check online, do you get to see that 4GB were indeed used? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s proration.

What is your billing cycle and when did you change your plan? 

If you changed your plan at middle of your billing cycle, you don’t get full 8GB.

You must be in half way into your billing cycle. That’s why you got 4gb instead of 8gb.

Once your new cycle starts, then you get full 8gb

Thanks for the replies. 

Re  reply 1 from Robert T: when I check online it says I have used 2120/3550 mb

Re reply 2 from Mayumi: u changed my plan 2 days after the billing cycle started. 

I'll see what happens next month. Thanks

The same thing is happening to me, I changed phones and upgraded my plan from 2 GB to 6 GB But my phone is still showing the 2 GB limit.  I tried chatting but that’s useless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The same thing is happening to me, I changed phones and upgraded my plan from 2 GB to 6 GB But my phone is still showing the 2 GB limit.  I tried chatting but that’s useless.

Can you start your own post?

We need to know when you changed your plan. Did you received confirmation email from Koodo?  What is your billing cycle?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you start your own post?

We need to know when you changed your plan. Did you received confirmation email from Koodo?  What is your billing cycle?

https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-66722/new-phone-now-plan-but-phone-not-updating-to-new-plan-7800825