Koodo Community

Community

Data not working

I added an "add on" data usage to my bill about 4-5 days ago and my data hasn't been working ever since.. any reasoning to why?

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Ashley, have you tried a simple reboot of your device, also make sure your data is enabled in the settings of your phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you on prepaid?  WHen you log into selfserve, do you see your data booster added?
I've tried rebooting, with no success! I'm not on prepaid. When I log in, I can see that I've added it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ashley Pappin wrote:

I've tried rebooting, with no success! I'm not on prepaid. When I log in, I can see that I've add...

If you never used data on this phone before, make sure th APN settings are correct
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

Ashley Pappin wrote:

I've tried rebooting, with no success! I'm not on prepaid. When I log in, I can see that I've add...

I've used data before!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ashley Pappin wrote:

Can you send a picture message (MMS)?
Ashley Pappin wrote:

Not currently
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did data work before? If you had data blocked, did you remember to remove the block?
Data worked before, ya! Never put a block on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you reach your limit and then added that add-on? 
No, I was about 50 away
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ashley Pappin wrote:

No, I was about 50 away

To my recollection, you can't add additional data to a post-paid plan until it hits 100%. Depending on if you have a Shock-free Data plan or not, the next step differs a bit. If on SFD, you receive a text to enable more data, if not on a SFD plan you simply pay overages.

When you say you topped up, might it have been a pre-paid add-on you purchased? Pre-paid plans allow you to buy a new booster before the initial one runs out.

Ashley Pappin wrote:

No, I was about 50 away

Hmm, interesting!! I have SFD.. it just said $10 fee would be charged to monthly bill
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Or was it possibly a US Data addon you added?
As far as I know, no.. hmm
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm out of ideas. If no one here is able to help, I suggest sending a DM to koodo via Facebook or Twitter and a rep can look more deeply into your account.
Okay! Thanks so much for trying 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ashley Pappin wrote:

Okay! Thanks so much for trying 🙂

If they're able to straighten it out for you please come back Ashley and let us know what solved the issue so we all know to better help others thanks.