Koodo Community

Community

Data included and additional purchase not adding up?

My plan includes 1.25 GB of data, and in mid-February I enrolled for an additional 1 Gb per month for an extra $5.
So that adds up to 2.25 GB; however, I received a notice that I have "used 90% of my 1024MB of data and have 103MB left".
What happened to the other 1.25GB?  It looks like I am getting short-changed.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When you got the extra 1GB for $5, that was only for your current billing period since you were at your limit.  Once that billing period ended, you forfeit any unused data.

This is like the data on your regular plan.  Once your billing period ends, any unused data is forfeited 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you reviewed your self-serve to confirm your plan?  Sometimes the two allotments are calculated (and notifications sent) independently, especially if your additional 1GB is a temporary add on, for a few months.  IF so, you should automatically roll over into your 1.25 GB once the first GB is consumed.
The text I received when I enrolled for the additional data said "You now have an additional 1 GB of data on your account every month."   The self-serve information confirms that too.
So I would expect a data alert message from Koodo to tell me how much of my 2.25GB has been used.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vince Busto wrote:

The text I received when I enrolled for the additional data said "You now have an additional 1 GB...

Hi Vince - confirming that I do in fact see the bonus data as an added feature on your account. I have a feeling that these are calculated as two separate buckets of data and at 100% you will begin tapping into the bonus data, as David alluded to above. That said, I've asked for clarification from the team and will report back tomorrow once I get an explanation.
Vince Busto wrote:

The text I received when I enrolled for the additional data said "You now have an additional 1 GB...

Ranjan - Thank-you for your assistance.
My take of the situation is that the bonus data, 1GB, is being used first.  However, my expectation is that the usage reporting from Koodo should refer to the total data I have available for the billing period, which is 2.25GB.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vince Busto wrote:

Hey Vince - sounds like there's an error with how the bonus data was added to your account, which is why the data isn't being calculated as one combined bucket when you get the notifications. We're going to assign this to a team to fix and it should get corrected in the coming weeks (I don't have a timeline to share just yet). In the meantime, go ahead and use your data knowing that you have 2GB per billing period. There shouldn't be any unusual charges if you stay within this limit, but just flag us here if something goes sideways. 
Vince Busto wrote:

Ranjan
Thank-you
The total is 2.25GB per billing period.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vince Busto wrote:

Vince I would screenshot or print this page for you reference just incase something falls through
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vince Busto wrote:

Have faith Dennis! 🙂 If we say Vince doesn't have to worry, we stick to that promise. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Vince Busto wrote:

A "just in case" insurance policy.  Like a pre-nup