Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Data charges???

I have a data block on one phone but have been charged for data and I have a data plan on another phone and have also been charged for data. What are these charges for?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi,
Can you post a snapshot of the page3 of your bill (remove or hide your number and personal detail). And also there is a detail breakdown of the data charge (with time and amount of money associated with it), if you can post that, it will be clearer.
Dinh wrote:

Hi,
Can you post a snapshot of the page3 of your bill (remove or hide your number and personal de...

Dinh wrote:

Hi,
Can you post a snapshot of the page3 of your bill (remove or hide your number and personal de...

Dinh wrote:

Hi,

I recently bought a new phone and I think the data charge is data used while the phone was being set up by a staff member at Best Buy as I have had this charge when buying phones in the past.
Dinh wrote:

Hi,

Actualy, ignore last message. The charge was for data used at 22.45 hrs on Sept 27th which I do not understand as I was at work and would not have ben able to use my phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

Hi,

Unless the phone, (or at least the data), is actually switched off, smartphones will use data to do things like check email or update apps, even if you are not actively using the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

Hi,

@matt: your text was charged by roaming (in the Bernard reply), so did you go near border or to US?, and did you use data while roaming?. Another possibility is you used overage data?

Bernard below told you to contact Koodo, might be it is time to call or send  a facebook message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Matt, the line with the data block on doesn't have any data charges. What it does have is $5 worth of roaming text charges:

The line with data in the plan does have extra charges. Can you pls send us a private message on Facebook with regards to that?