Koodo Community
Question

Data Block WITHOUT Pic Msg

• 21 June 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi,

My daughters phone has Data Block w/PIC MSG on it which prevents her from using Data on her phone, but allows for Picture and Videos messages to get through. How can I block Data and block Picture and Video Messages and only allow plain txts?

Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just manually turn off data on the phone and that will prevent any data use and MMS
if my daughters figures that out then she can just easily turn it back on in the phone. I’ll check to see if I can block that access on the iPhone, but if I can’t and she just turns that back on the iPhone, then what can I do in Self Serve to turn it off on Koodo’s side of things?

thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
if my daughters figures that out then she can just easily turn it back on in the phone. I’ll check to see if I can block that access on the iPhone, but if I can’t and she just turns that back on the iPhone, then what can I do in Self Serve to turn it off on Koodo’s side of things?

thanks

Um... tell her not to turn on data.

Is there data on her plan? If not I recommend you go with Prepaid.

If there is data on the plan, then there is shock free data which will stop data at the limit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will have to contact a service rep by phone or schedule a call-back and see if blocking ALL data is feasible. Every single plan, including prepaid, automatically includes picture messaging. There's no way to do this in self serve directly.
Userlevel 4
Isn't data block with picture messaging an add-on that you are paying for? If you remove that add-on I think you can ask Koodo to just block all data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The long and the short of it is, if someone is determined to share pictures, all they have to do is use email or any social networking app when in wifi range. Unfortunately, your strategy may just succeed in aggravating everyone needlessly.