Koodo Community

Community

Data and Tab Options

Please offer more data packages when roaming. 250 MB isn't enough to do much of anything, and we tend to use our maps a lot when travelling. Also we should have the option of paying our tab balance off during our contract, either by adding to our monthly bill or by credit card.

9 replies

Data roaming is very expensive, no matter which provider you are with. You can pay off the tab balance. You can call in and request to have it put onto your next bill. I believe it's called "Tab Payout".
I didn't say make it cheaper, I said offer more packages. The only us roaming package available is for 250 MB, more data would cost more understandably. I purchased the unlocked nexus 4 so this doesn't really apply for me anymore anyway, but I'm sure there are people who would utilize such a service. And when I recently upgraded my phone I called to pay off my Tab and they said they normally don't allow it, and wouldn't let me pay it off by credit card, it had to go on my next bill, making my next bill extremely high.
Userlevel 7
Richelle Martin wrote:

I didn't say make it cheaper, I said offer more packages. The only us roaming package availa...

It's the same amount of money no matter where it's placed, and even then you can pay your bill with your credit card anyway. You can pay your tab off in Self Serve, don't bother calling in.
Richelle Martin wrote:

I didn't say make it cheaper, I said offer more packages. The only us roaming package availa...

In order to get it to take affect immediately to get a new phone on a new tab they said I had to call in and speak to a rep. And the rep specifically said they normally don't let people pay off their tabs separately and had to get approval.
Userlevel 3
Richelle Martin wrote:

That's misinformation......You can pay out the tab at any given time the only catch is it has to be billed fully not partial.
Userlevel 3
There is no data roaming package that consisits of 250MB of data. the only US roaming data package available is at $15 for 40MB. If you go over it's $0.38 for each MB after that. If you don't agree with Koodo's roaming packages you can activate a prepaid service from a local carrier while in the US using your current cell phone since it's factory unlocked.
Why is it unfathomable for Koodo to offer bigger data packages for more money for those that wish to purchase it? I know what I can do, like I said, not really an issue for me, but I'm sure that there are customers who may wish to utilize such a service.
Userlevel 3
Not trying to come off negative here but like anything you cannot shoot the messenger. We're customers like yourself and we have no control of what the roaming rates are. We provided you with your options and as you previously stated you are aware of your options. With that being said the ball is in your court as to what you'd like to do regarding your roaming. Just to add, I am on your end of the fence just so you know Koodo roaming packages are very lacked.
Userlevel 5
Hi Richelle, there's now a roaming package that offers 500MB of data when you roam in the states. I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, but have a look. https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/add-ons/index.html