Koodo Community
Solved

data

• 24 March 2020
  • 10 replies

I'm just wondering why aren't we following suit with other phone companies doing the unlimited data during the covid-19 epidemic?

icon

Best answer by Dennis 25 March 2020, 16:43

The link is in reference to what Allan is saying.  No other wireless provider is offering to waive data overages yet, so in this respect, Koodo is indeed following suit.  I do not expect Koodo to lead the way here.  If something like this happens, I expect it would be from either Telus, Rogers and Bell first

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/03/13/canadian-telecom-companies-help-customers-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR0Sm6Fdyboowu1iwIQZzx7yZRY_SrR84z_EzoD9DBPWHR7xldhVnv3sKH0

However I do agree with what you are saying and will petition our Koodo contacts regarding this

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I've only seen some of the companies provide unlimited home internet. (I assume we arent talking about people who are on unlimited data plans already)

Which carriers are offering no overages on all of their plans?

Hello, it would be very helpful during this COVID-19 pandemic,  if Koodo could reset data  (when they reach their limit) without a charge to their customers .

I for one live in the country, it is very hard to have internet period.   With all these closures  just implemented by our government many of us will be at home and believe me it does not take long to run out of data.

That to me would create a  positive public service message to your valued customers.

Who knows word of mouth travels very fast and you just might end up with a lot more customers.

I agree! I think it would be a great show of support during the COVID-19 pandemic  if Koodo would reset data when limit is reached.

My husband and I had to move out to our camp (no power no water) since our son and daughter-in-law are quarantined in our home. We now have to rely on data to keep informed. I’m looking for tips on data usage and trying my best to use it strategically.

Being flexible during this stressful time would be reflect positively on Koodo as a good corporate citizen who is socially responsible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The link is in reference to what Allan is saying.  No other wireless provider is offering to waive data overages yet, so in this respect, Koodo is indeed following suit.  I do not expect Koodo to lead the way here.  If something like this happens, I expect it would be from either Telus, Rogers and Bell first

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/03/13/canadian-telecom-companies-help-customers-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR0Sm6Fdyboowu1iwIQZzx7yZRY_SrR84z_EzoD9DBPWHR7xldhVnv3sKH0

However I do agree with what you are saying and will petition our Koodo contacts regarding this

I too live in the country and have poor WiFi connection.  Trying to work from home and having to use my data.  I am 3 days into new billing cycle and already over 50% of my data.  Because of reduced hours I can't afford overage charges or no data.  I beg these huge companies to put their clients needs above monetary gain at this difficult and stressful time.  

Good Sunday morning, I'm the first time user on this community board.

Can someone tell me if Kodoo replied back to your questions from one month ago.

I'm a cancer patient who enjoys walking especially since weather is nice. Listening to inspirational videos during my 2 hours walk each day help my body to build up a healthier immune system;the downside is the high data usage.

I have been trying to speak to a live agent, no luck.

Hope Kodoo Loyalty depart agent can assist me during the covid-19 .

Thank you

Waiting for a call back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, Koodo has not offered unlimited cellular data.

You could either find the means o download your video prior to leaving home, Or listen to streamed audio instead, as it uses less data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Another possibility is move to one of the big three providers, for example Telus offers a plan with 50Gb for $125. That would cover a lot of videos!

I'm just wondering why aren't we following suit with other phone companies doing the unlimited data during the covid-19 epidemic?

Telus has 10gb+ unlimited plans for $75. im switching today. 

No, Koodo has not offered unlimited cellular data.

You could either find the means o download your video prior to leaving home, Or listen to streamed audio instead, as it uses less data.

Switch to Telus for a $75 unlimited plan.