Koodo Community

Community

Solved

"Customer retention"

Not impressed! Apparently Koodo shows their appreciation for customer loyalty by giving one free GB of data rather than even listening to what I need in a plan. In a day when data is handed out almost freely by many carriers, this feels like a slap in the face, not an attempt to retain a loyal customer. The customer retention department wouldn't even talk to me personally, they sent their employee back with a message from them for me.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo generally tries to minimize retention offers. What are you looking for that you are not getting?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Who told you or where do you see that "Koodo shows their appreciation for customer loyalty by giving one free GB of data rather than even listening to what I need in a plan. "?
I didn't even think they listening to what I want/need. Lol That's why I keep my ere on any promo for plans. But new plans are so expensive. I won't change my families plan anytime soon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't know what carriers you're looking at, but last time I checked, none of them are "handing out data freely". Koodo's offerings are directly comparable to those offered by Bell, Virgin, Rogers, Fido and Telus. The only "national" carrier currently offering large amounts of data for low prices is Freedom, but they do charge extra fees unless you're on their home network, which covers about 4 major cities and very little else.
Userlevel 2
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I don't know what carriers you're looking at, but last time I checked, none of them are "handing ...

>The only "national" carrier currently offering large amounts of data for low prices is Freedom
Makes me wonder why Koodo can't do it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I don't know what carriers you're looking at, but last time I checked, none of them are "handing ...

Won't. Not can't. They're open about in markets where they have lower prices is for competitive reasons. Also, I'd check the coverage these days Timo as they have near continuous coverage from K-W to Peterborough to Niagara Falls to Barrie. But of course it's the usual caveat of you need to be in their network area mostly.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Fido and Rogers have "loyalty" plans. 4 GB for $50, 6 GB for $55, 10 GB for $75, etc. The plans' are named loyalty plans, they are not actually for being loyal. I got the 4 GB for $50 plan from Rogers 4 days after activating a new account. LOL There is no such thing as loyalty with BELUS. You get nothing special even after years of being a customer. Loopholes are what makes Koodo "competitive" if you know what I mean.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Userlevel 6
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

James, Freedom is NOT a true national carrier.  Until they have the coverage of real carriers like Koodo, they are just regional.
Userlevel 6
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

They will stay that way, unless they invest $$$$$ towards infrastructure. The big 3 will not sign a network sharing agreement with Freedom, so they are on their own to build coverage.
Userlevel 6
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

It'll be Shaw Communications that invests in the infrastructure.  I read a month or so ago that Shaw registered 3 brand names similar to "Shaw Mobile" or "Shaw Wireless" or maybe "Shaw Mobility". Whether that leads to anything is just speculation.  Either they'll launch 1 of those names as a top-tier provider, and maintain Freedom as a mid-tier and/or MVNO, or maybe move what is now Freedom to Top-Tier as 1 of those names.  I don't think the 2nd option would be feasible, as they just spend the money to rebrand Wind into Freedom.
Once Shaw invests money to expand Freedom's footprint, logically Freedom's MSF's will have to go up to recoup that cost.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The extra 1GB by text message is a mystery. I heard it was given for some users who had some data overage for several billing cycles. However, how they picked people is now well-known. Several deals also designed for special groups like students, etc.

Extra 1GB was not really special, they did have some promo in plans for new activation in the past with it. Koodo agent are normal people just like you and me, if you want to ask for it, ask them nicely. Don't come it with an aggressive attitude, it won't lighten the mood of the conversation between 2 people.
Dinh wrote:

The extra 1GB by text message is a mystery. I heard it was given for some users who had some data...

I don't think you understand me. I called saying I needed to change my plan to suit my needs and they responded that all they could do for me was give me an extra GB of data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

The extra 1GB by text message is a mystery. I heard it was given for some users who had some data...

There are so many plans that could suit the needs of many types of users. Were you also saying to them that you wanted to keep the same price or cheaper?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

@Caroline
Now, I know what you mean...
What plan do you have and what's included(data, minutes)?
They recently changed their plans and it's much less data included in those plans.
So, if you want to upgrade your plan now, then you have to pay way more than before.
That's why they offer you to give you extra 1 GB.

Like $55 for 1 GB is joke and gouging for me.  I wouldnt upgrade my plan now unless they offer better promo plans.
Userlevel 6
Dinh wrote:

I remember when I switched over back in March. They had a $60 4GB plan. They haven’t had anything close since. You really have to keep checking, as their plans and promos come and go randomly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

It was $40 for 500min and 1GB in September.
Userlevel 6
Just out of curiosity, what were you looking to get? Seems like that $0 for 1gb of data seemed like a good deal to me, as they normally go for $20 if you go over
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Caroline, if our reps suggested that all they could do is more data in a plan, than you are likely on a plan with unlimited minutes and text already, right? 
Userlevel 6
That sounds like a deal. I wouldn’t pass up a free GB of data.