Koodo Community

Community

Create a Family plan

Koodo needs to create a Good Family Plan for people who want to get a second or third line for family members. I should be able to get the referral credits for both phones when I get a second line (ie refer myself). I would like to see something for this CHristmas

42 replies

Lines on the same account don't use airtime when calling each other. This is included in all of their rate plans.
Userlevel 5
Cast wrote:

Lines on the same account don't use airtime when calling each other. This is included in all of t...

And new lines count as new activations thus you are able to receive any promotional.gift card offers and the referral tab credits. Koodo already offers all of this.
Cast wrote:

Lines on the same account don't use airtime when calling each other. This is included in all of t...

I called Koodo and they said I couldn't get promotions on a second line? I will call again
Userlevel 5
Cast wrote:

You should be allowed to get the promotions such as.gift Cards for the second line because it counts as a new activation.
Cast wrote:

John,,I didn't get the promo on the second line and it was on at the time, I added my girlfriend on with a $60 plan, I also have a similar plan at $57 data plus, I was told it was because both phones were on the one account?? I'm with Koodo for 5-6 years, and love the service,
Userlevel 1
This is what Koodo advertised on his koodomobile.com portal regarding this post for more feedback: "you can talk more with your family, and save money too. Add a family member with a new Koodo phone to your account and you’ll enjoy the convenience of one bill, plus unlimited local calling with everyone on your account, absolutely free. And if you’re both on one of new Canada-wide plans, you can talk with each other all you want, all the way across the country – it’s still included for no extra cost."
MatB wrote:

This is what Koodo advertised on his koodomobile.com portal regarding this post for more feedback...

My wife and I are on the same account with unlimited family calling and she get billed and I don't. Why ?
Userlevel 6
MatB wrote:

This is what Koodo advertised on his koodomobile.com portal regarding this post for more feedback...

She get's billed for calling you? That's an error, my friend, you should contact Koodo at 1-866-995-6636 option 5 to get customer service to look into that for you.
I'd like to see shared minutes and data for family members on the same account.
Userlevel 1
Jonathan Winterburn wrote:

I'd like to see shared minutes and data for family members on the same account.

Jonathan, If I understood you, you wanted Koodo to let you share your minutes/data/text messages with a person that is added to your account? if so, you do not need to do that for talking because talking between family members (on same account are free) data is not possible but if both of you have unlimited text messaging no need to share text messaging
However I would be able to let my wife use my minutes to call out. It would work well for us since she's the heavy talker and I'm the data fiend. I'm often away in places with cell reception but no easy way to get high speed for short stays. I'm sure if Rogers can share data with family members out wouldn't be hard for koodo to figure out. 😉

However I would be able to let my wife use my minutes to call out. It would work well for us sin...

Airtime minutes are not shared between phones and neither are data amounts. I personally think that sharing minutes & data would cause more billing issues than its worth.

However I would be able to let my wife use my minutes to call out. It would work well for us sin...

I know for a fact Rogers does.

Ok, but I don't see how Koodo would benefit from this. Infact, sharing airtime and data would just be an easy way for overage amounts to happen. It's actually better for customers to not share airtime/data. This way it helps prevent from overage amounts happening. Plus, Koodo is not set up in this way and it would probably take an overhaul of the system to allow for this type of sharing and I don't think Koodo is able to do an overhaul like that without taking time away from the systems.

Do you have shares in koodo? You keep crapping in threads that make sense. This would make great sense for someone with 2x 6GB plans who has a wife that only uses a little data and a hunt that uses allot.

PS-who cares what it would take for koodo to implement this, these are suggestions for THEM to decide if possible or not.

No, I don't have shares in Koodo. I am just presenting my thoughts, that's all. Why would someone take a 6GB plan if they don't use data? That doesn't make very much sense does it. Koodo is about having the right plan for the customer. That's why airtime/data sharing wouldn't make much sense with Koodo. Not too mention the issue of overages.

The point is it gives even greater flexibility to the customer, another option. Something that will keep them from going to Rogers, or bell, who have such plans and maybe draw in more clients. And you get the 6GB plan because at times you might need it and it's cheaper still than using the data saver to get up to 3GB as was offered at the time. My wife hadn't had a phone for a long time so when the promotion came I bought her one with that 6GB plan. Turn out she doesn't use that much but still more than 1GB a month when she's out with the kids who want to watch an episode of Netflix etc, I on the other hand could easily burn up the remainder. Since there is no 10GB or 12GB plan this would be a very useful feature for my family.

Seriously though, who needs 10GB of data on a phone? If you use more than 6GB, then you'd be better off to get internet on a computer.

Anyone who travels allot for a living. I'm away from home in many different places all over Canada for the most part. Not usually in one spot long enough to warrant paying for a real connection. Hotel internet when provided is usually painfully slow or you have to pay for (when i get a hotel). Many times I'm in a tent with a number of other dudes. Not exactly conducive to an internet connection.
Userlevel 5

If you travel a lot and you are in need of internet, I recommend you get a plan for those mobile internet usb's things for laptops. More than 10GB of data for a phone? Mobile Internet USB's would be a wiser and more affordable choice.

The plans I've seen aren't what I would consider awesome given the price (wind does have one that looks ok) either way I don't have a laptop. I travel light and use my Note (yes i realize it costs as much as a notebook but it's nearly as functional) for everything. I required a phone and traveling laptop at the time and this thing fills both roles quite nicely.
Userlevel 1
I am not sure if other Wirelss providers allow that, fom what I know this is not something that can be done by Koodo. You still can talk to their CSR's to find out the correct answer by calling 18669956636 ext. 4 or call *611
Userlevel 5
Koodo doesn't do family/share plans. The End.
John Lee wrote:

Koodo doesn't do family/share plans. The End.

The suggestion is for them to make one. Things change. They didn't have the iphone officially 2 years ago either. The end.