Koodo Community
Solved

Confusion with tab bonus and billing

• 9 August 2020
  • 5 replies

I just upgraded to a Saumsung s10 and an Iphone 11 pro. Both phones were bought on mid plans so roughly $260 paid for the s10 and $700 for the Iphone outright. Both phones have roughly $345 remaining on tab with a bonus’ covering both tabs completely + some. A $15 tab charge was on both bills. Shouldn’t the tab bonus cover the cost of the monthly $15 tab charge? 

Also, the tab bonus for the s10 was $545 but only $345 is owed on the tab. When the $345 is fully paid, will the extra $200 disappear or will am I stuck waiting to upgrade until the remaining $200 tab “bonus” is completely gone?

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 9 August 2020, 21:21

S10 is $1165 for retail price. 
You bought it on Tab M : $240 upfront and $360 on Tab.   Tab is like interest free loans. It means you have to pay back  $360 to Koodo $15/mo for next 24months.           And S10 has $565 Tab bonus. The bonus make you easy to buy a phone and you don’t have to pay for it if you stay with Koodo for 24 months or until you upgrade your phone. The bonus will reduced amount of decided by 1/24(months). In your S10 case $23.5/mo. If you cancel or upgrade your phone , say after 12 month in, then you have to pay back $282.5.   >  (565/24) X 12= 282

iphone 11 pro is $1414 retail. 
you bought it on Tab M: $750 upfront and $360 on Tab.

Tab bonus for this phone is $304. It will decease by $12.6 for 24months. 

More info about “Tab bonus” here.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Tab-bonus?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=Tab%20bonus

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

S10 is $1165 for retail price. 
You bought it on Tab M : $240 upfront and $360 on Tab.   Tab is like interest free loans. It means you have to pay back  $360 to Koodo $15/mo for next 24months.           And S10 has $565 Tab bonus. The bonus make you easy to buy a phone and you don’t have to pay for it if you stay with Koodo for 24 months or until you upgrade your phone. The bonus will reduced amount of decided by 1/24(months). In your S10 case $23.5/mo. If you cancel or upgrade your phone , say after 12 month in, then you have to pay back $282.5.   >  (565/24) X 12= 282

iphone 11 pro is $1414 retail. 
you bought it on Tab M: $750 upfront and $360 on Tab.

Tab bonus for this phone is $304. It will decease by $12.6 for 24months. 

More info about “Tab bonus” here.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Tab-bonus?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=Tab%20bonus

Isn’t the bonus meant to cover the $15 tab charge? If not, associates should clarify this with customers in further detail. I was told the $565 bonus would completely cover the $15 monthly tab.

Edit: I get it, employee either lied or didn’t understand how the Koodo tab and bonus tab works. So now my bill for two years has gone up $15 without properly being informed prior.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Edit: I get it, employee either lied or didn’t understand how the Koodo tab and bonus tab works. So now my bill for two years has gone up $15 without properly being informed prior.

I don’t think the rep lied to you. It could be miscommunication/ misunderstanding?  Which location was it? 

Tab ( interest free loans) makes reduced upfront cost to make phone purchase easy.  Tab need to be payed monthly by customers.

Tab bonus also makes us easier to buy a phone. And we don’t have to pay into it if you don’t cancel service or upgrade. 

Without Tab or Tab bonus, it will cost you over $1000 at once. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Since you just upgraded your phone, there is a 15 day return period 

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone