Koodo Community
Solved

Confusing rate plan upgrade offer

Before replacing my iPhone SE with an iPhone 6S last week, there was a "special offer" notice on Koodo Self-Serve saying if I got the iPhone 6S upgrade, I'd be eligible for a $45 rate plan giving me 4 GB data. (Currently my plan is $45 for 2GB data).

After upgrading to the new phone, all I see is a rate plan at $55 for 4GB and on top of that, I can't change rate plans anyway, since I get an error message saying I can't change plans within 14 days of an upgrade.

What gives? How do I get the $45 4GB plan as offered?
icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 31 July 2019, 19:40

@SteveB Per our quick chat Steve we will fix this for you.
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you upgrade already? It was confused to read. I saw you said "Currently my plan is $45 for 2GB data" but then you mentioned "I can't change plans within 14 days of an upgrade."...

With Koodo what you saw is what you get, if you didn't see the promo plan when you checked out on Tab med/small then you didn't have it.
When I went to upgrade my phone, a pop-up basically said "When you upgrade your phone, go to plans and you'll be able to get a $45 4GB plan". After ordering the new phone (an iPhone 6S which *was* on the eligible list at the time I ordered it) I didn't get any option anywhere to upgrade my plan afterwards. Here's a screenshot of the offer:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When I went to upgrade my phone, a pop-up basically said "When you upgrade your phone, go to plans and you'll be able to get a $45 4GB plan". After ordering the new phone (an iPhone 6S which *was* on the eligible list at the time I ordered it) I didn't get any option anywhere to upgrade my plan afterwards. Here's a screenshot of the offer:

The promo supposed to show up when you upgraded. If you didn't do it at that time, then it was too late now. You need to contact Koodo and ask a rep to check for you. Send message to their facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or setup a callback through their digital assistant. Facebook messaging could be better, as you can send picture of the offer.

Btw, was your plan a Tab small before? did you try to payoff the Tab right away ($240)?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@SteveB Per our quick chat Steve we will fix this for you.
Thanks so much for your help, Bernard!

And thanks Dinh for the suggestions.
@Bernard Koodo Can I just ask... I don't see any change when I go to self-serve. My phone (the 830-**** number) still shows the old plan. My daughter's line (the 818-**** number) shows the $45 4GB plan. So I'm not sure if the change was applied to the correct number or not. Should be the 830-**** number.

Thanks,

Steve
@Bernard Koodo Sorry, me again. Just checking the email I got for the account change, and it appears that yes, the change was applied to the wrong line. The upgraded phone was on my line, the 830-**** number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@SteveB Both of your lines are in a better position (more data on one more minutes on the other) without paying anymore. We could certainly change it back but that wouldn't be to your benefit. 🙂 All is good!
@Bernard Koodo Great! Many thanks Bernard - much appreciated.
Userlevel 4
😏