Koodo Community

complete joke!!

• 30 August 2019
  • 5 replies

People people be careful when using plans and add-ons when going to the US I had it installed on my phone and it did not work properly and in some cases not at all. I use my phone for business and I missed out on over $1,000 worth of business because this phone did not work properly because their system in the US is a joke. Regardless of whether they're using someone else's cell towers or not they should have explained that to me in the beginning and now to top it off they don't care in total it's cost me over $1,200 worth of business not including all the time at the spend on the phone with people trying to figure out what the issue is and they're offering me $175 to fix the situation wow. This is an utter and complete joke and I have always had great things to say about Koodo and now when my phone is paid off cuz I will have to wait for that I will be leaving Koodo and so will my family and I will encourage all my friends and family that are also with Koodo to leave as well because they obviously don't give a s*** about us little people I bet you if I was a multimillion-dollar company and I was with them they would fix the issue but that's fine I'll take the little money that I do have and moved to someone else which will probably do the same thing these guys have done but maybe they would try and make more of an effort to fix what these people have done. $1,200 out of my family's pocket and food out of my kids mouth and they offer me $175 they should be ashamed of themselves!!!!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It sucks but you can't fault the company for the other companies towers you couldn't connect to in the specific areas you were. You should have looked into what service is available in that area under the carriers Koodo has a contract with. It's the same here we have places phones work and don't it's your responsibility to make sure you will have service where you are they can't do it for everyone preemptively unfortunately
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
“be careful when using plans and add-ons when going to the US I had it installed on my phone”
Do you mean you added a roaming add-on on your account? Or you installed some app on your phone?
Sorry, I just want to make sure to know that you added right add-on on your account/line.

“and it did not work properly and in some cases not at all. “
Did you contact Koodo regarding why it’s not working?

“...when my phone is paid off cuz I will have to wait for that I will be leaving Koodo and so will my family and...”
You don’t have to wait. You can just port your number out or cancel your service whenever you want.
You just have to pay off your Tab and service overage if any.
It was an addo on that they offered. It's a plan of theres. Paul if you're going to offer a package you should make sure it actually works. I wasnt in the forest or anything like that I was in a major city and I didnt think I should have to look into it cause like I said it's a major city. And like I said to them if they cant provide a service they shouldn't offer it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In network providers settings, if you want to roam, you have to leave that selection on automatic.

Been using Koodo handsets all over Koodo's Canadian service area and various scattered locations in the US with no discernable problem. Koodo's roaming partners (AT&T and T-Mobile) are major providers, widely available.
Kgood told me after the fact ofcourse that they do use other providers in the US and cannot guarantee anything and I say again don't offer something you cant provide.