Koodo Community

Community

compete with wind

Userlevel 3
compete with wind. Ill take unlimited everything for $40 and throttling after 2 gigs. I'm paying the same for 600 mgs on a promo plan

4 replies

Userlevel 6
I think they would if they felt the new to do it. Neither virgin or fido cares either. That is because wind sucks wind, pardon the pun, and most people leave them after experiencing their service. Even the CRTC's own review determined to be to most complained about carrier. Once they shed that image and actually provide better service things would change. Trouble is that costs a lot of money. Wind is low on cash the holding company Vimpelcom wrote it off last year to zero value on their books. That's the worst position a company can be before going bankrupt.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RudyW wrote:

I think they would if they felt the new to do it. Neither virgin or fido cares either. That is be...

Easy there, their subscriber base is growing and less than 10% of people that I know who have actually switched to Wind have since left.
Userlevel 3
RudyW wrote:

I think they would if they felt the new to do it. Neither virgin or fido cares either. That is be...

As with any service provider it depends where you live, work, and play. For example I have both Wind and Koodo service. In my home, Wind's service is 110% superior to Koodo's. Blanket statements about Wind's service are not helpful. And no carrier competes with Wind when it comes to roaming outside of the country. Our family started with Wind in 2011 for that reason alone.
Userlevel 6
RudyW wrote:

@ Ivan you gotta look back at what their plans were. First 3 years 1.5M customers. http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/news/story/1.910075 It's been 6 years and they don't even have a million. Vimpelcom, the last group that owned them wrote them down to zero value. I don't exactly consider this success. My two cents. 🙂