Koodo Community

Community

Compete against the big dogs and offer competitive Intonation plans. US/Canada plans, keep them competitive.

Just look at what Bell and Rogers offer. They have plans which business people use because the cover both the USA and Canada, but at a really high price. See what you can do.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Jake, Koodo's business division is actually called Telus (or the other way around, Koodo is Telus' flanker brand). They have business plans for business individuals. Yes, they're expensive, but Koodo's brand image is not directed towards business use.
Userlevel 5
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

Jake, Koodo's business division is actually called Telus (or the other way around, Koodo is Telus...

Agreed. Koodo is definitely towards a more family oriented/teenager/youth audience. That's why the plans are relatively cheap and the phones are usually cheaper.
Userlevel 6

Jake, Koodo's business division is actually called Telus (or the other way around, Koodo is Telus...

Yup. And I haven't seen too many business, tie-wearing dudes leaving the Koodo booth with a bright pink little bag either, LOL

I hear what you are saying but not all business people are going to be walking around in a suit and tie all the time. What I am really trying to say is open up into a new market and create competition. Competition is health and helps the end user... the consumer.
Userlevel 6

That goes without saying, I was stereotyping in my last reply. What I was trying to illustrate is that Koodo's current business model is to cater to the younger crowd like John Lee said. Telus Corp. would much rather have its business customers come to Telus than go to Koodo as it gives both entities a different reason to exist. If both Koodo and Telus offered the exact same services and catered to the exact same crowd, it wouldn't make sense and they'd most likely kill one of the 2 brands to save on staffing/maintenance/operating costs. I'd welcome a Canada/USA calling plan like you suggested though! Very unlikely to happen though, as neither Virgin and/or Fido offers a plan like this (they won't consider Wind/Mobi/Videotron as worthy competitors because of the size of their networks). But it'd still be great!
Userlevel 1

Actually, Virgin does have a unlimited USA plan. I had it before coming to Koodo.
Userlevel 6

Hmm, that's great then, I didn't know! One more thing to consider when playing the comparisons game :oP