Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Clarify the roaming charges!

Hi there. Traveling to the US for 2 weeks and considering the Roaming Add on. It says without a roaming add on you pay $5 for the first text you send but it also says $5/100 texts (outgoing) So do I get charged $5 for the first, and then an additional $5 for the next 100? I don't plan on doing much with my phone while on vacation!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
If you buy the $5 texting package you get up to hundred texts. If you only send 1 text during your trip obviously that costs you 5 bucks. The more you send the less each text on a per text basis will cost. It is not twice the $5 just once. Incoming texts are free.
Userlevel 7
Even simpler explanation (Rudy's could still be confusing to a lot): Once you use/send your first text message, you're automatically charged the $5 and have 99 texts left to use. If you use those other 99 texts, the cycle repeats and you're charged another $5 for the next 100.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The catch is that it is also based on your billing cycle. The 100 texts will last until the end of your regular billing cycle. After that, a new $5 is charged when you send your next text and you get a fresh bucket of 100 texts
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

The catch is that it is also based on your billing cycle. The 100 texts will last until the end ...

Good point!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

The catch is that it is also based on your billing cycle. The 100 texts will last until the end ...

It's a horrible pay-per-use system. They should just charge $0.05 per US roaming SMS