Koodo Community
Solved

Chnage plan and Upgrade phone

• 8 January 2021
  • 4 replies

My boyfriend and I are wanting to change our plans and upgrade our phones but my mom is the primary account holder and we would need her authorization but she lives about an hour away from us. I know I can change the plans and upgrade the phones online but we really don't want to wait for the phones to come in the mail. Are we able to go in-store and have her give authorization over the phone?

icon

Best answer by Goran 8 January 2021, 15:34

Over the phone you should be able to do that.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Over the phone you should be able to do that.

So if i have her on the phone while we are in the store than it shouldn't be a problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes. I say should just in case the reps at the store don't think that's ok but I don't see why not. They'd verify her identity etc and then it should be fine. Just keep in mind there's a 45 dollar connection fee. I'd do it online honestly unless you really need a phone now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also, to save same time at a store...  Your mom / account owner should call in and request to put your name as an authorized user on her account.  Then she can tell a rep that her authorized user ( you) will go into a store and buy a phone.  Store rep can see that note on her account and you can buy a phone smoothly.