Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Child added data to account without authorization?

My daughter added a data feature onto her account that I was notified about by email. I went into self serve to remove it and get an error message that it can't be removed at this time. How did she do that without authorization?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Three possibilities come to mind if she's not an authorized person on the account:
1. She knows the account pin and enough of your personal info to pretend to be you on the phone.
2. She knows the username and password for self-serve to go in and do it herself.
3. She got on a device with self-serve still logged on.

Userlevel 1
Hi Pamela,

Another possible option is that she was offered to purchase a data add-on through text message and she answered YES. This type of add-ons can only be added that way and removing them require a phone call to customer service.

Hope this helps!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alaa wrote:

Hi Pamela,

Another possible option is that she was offered to purchase a data add-on through tex...

I would flag that as a big security SNAFU if that's the case, especially since there's no easy way to walk it back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alaa wrote:

Hi Pamela,

Another possible option is that she was offered to purchase a data add-on through tex...

It really shouldn't be possible for anyone other than the account holder to purchase an add-on via SMS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Pamela. In order to remove it you would need to call Koodo and have this add ok removed or plan changed back if it's still available