Koodo Community
Question

Chattr & Public Mobile

Userlevel 1

Hello!

My new building is offering a special deal from Rogers for $25 monthly, unlimited calling and 500mb or 1GB I forgot. Public Mobile (owned by Telus, same as Koodo, same coverage), has a $25 monthly and 1GB. Chattr too and still provides data at 64kbps even after data is used up, so can still check email etc. But both of them are 3G data, whereas Rogers and Koodo are 4G. For my use, 3G is plenty enough with 10MBps download for music etc. 

So my question is, does anyone know if Koodo could give me the same plan that they have at 3G speed, so to save me the hassle of switching providers? I’m just considering the option right now. Koodo does have a 3G option in prepaid at $35, so it seems possible they could do it price match with Public Mobile (owned by Telus)…

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo has 3gb for 35 at 3G speed, capped to 3mbps. I doubt that Koodo would do a 3G match to Chatr or Public as these are “3rd tier “versions, if you will. Perhaps they could do the 15 dollar starter plan but add some amount if data for 10 dollars. You could try sending a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to see if they'll do anything like that. Otherwise I'd just switch to Public. You can save a couple bucks a mobth with automated billing too

Userlevel 1

Koodo has 3gb for 35 at 3G speed, capped to 3mbps. I doubt that Koodo would do a 3G match to Chatr or Public as these are “3rd tier “versions, if you will. Perhaps they could do the 15 dollar starter plan but add some amount if data for 10 dollars. You could try sending a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to see if they'll do anything like that. Otherwise I'd just switch to Public. You can save a couple bucks a mobth with automated billing too

I am leaning towards Chattr for the 64 kbps after data runs out. It’s convenient to be able to still check emails, podcast, whatsapp messages, bus stops, etc that hardly use any data. Chattr only has slightly less coverage in Canada, won’t affect me ever unless I’m in central Prairies. If Koodo has this and can match price plan then I rather stay with Koodo. Companies rather keep customer and make less profit I think… will see, thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am leaning towards Chattr for the 64 kbps after data runs out. It’s convenient to be able to still check emails, podcast, whatsapp messages, bus stops, etc that hardly use any data. Chattr only has slightly less coverage in Canada, won’t affect me ever unless I’m in central Prairies. If Koodo has this and can match price plan then I rather stay with Koodo. Companies rather keep customer and make less profit I think… will see, thanks! 

Unfortunately of the lowest brands Lucky (Bell) and Chatr (Rogers) offer throttled unlimited data. Lucky  throttles at 128kbps. Telus' lowest brand (Public) does not offer this option.