Koodo Community
Question

Charged for minutes but never got them??

• 18 September 2020
  • 12 replies

Hi, I’m a prepaid customer and at the end of August bought 300 minutes for $30. I was charged, paid it, and still have not gotten my minutes. I’d like to solve this ASAP, because I’m currently paying for a phone I can’t even use (without minutes). 

Can someone please tell me what is going on or how I can directly contact Koodo? 

Much thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7

I assumed you purchased 300 calls on your Prepaid plan.  When you bought the calls, was there any text regarding the effective starting date when these calls will be made available (for a period of 30 days)?. When does your payment cycle start?

Userlevel 7

You could dial 611 from your Koodo number and choose the option most appropriate for your issue.

OR, you may ask for a callback via Koodo Chat  www.koodomobile.com/chat [Type #helpss OR #socialtech]

Good luck!

I didn’t get any texts about it, and my payment cycle starts at the beginning of the month. So I thought they would become available with my most recent payment, but they did not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

On the website of prepaid there are 2 options for $30 add-ons, one is $30 for 600 Canada-wide minutes. Another is $30 for 300 Long distance minutes. The long distance add-on is for calling international number.

I wonder if you bought the wrong add-on if you are looking for calling within Canada.

Userlevel 7

Your assumption on the effective start date is reasonable. Assuming you purchased a 300 call ‘add-on’, does your self serve account reflect the 300 calls under ‘add-ons’. If it does, is there an ‘effective date’ information associated with this add-on?

Under ‘add-ons’ it doesn’t display that I’ve bought any recently. I am pretty sure I bought the correct talk booster and not the long-distance one. 

Thank you both for your help so far. 

Userlevel 7

You can still buy the correct add-on (Canada Wide) via your self serve account and view the confirmation of the add on on your account. Look for the effective start date of the new add-on. Good luck! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Under ‘add-ons’ it doesn’t display that I’ve bought any recently. I am pretty sure I bought the correct talk booster and not the long-distance one. 

Thank you both for your help so far. 

I wonder how did you buy it? I assumed you bought it in selfserve? was there any record of it in the prepaid selfserve? you could go to Selfserve » Billing » Transaction history. If you bought it, there should be a record of it somewhere. Could you recheck it and see which add-on you bought?

There is a listing for ‘Credit/Visa Top-Up’, does this mean I put $30 into my account? That is very weird because I am positive that I bought a talk add-on. Very confusing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There is a listing for ‘Credit/Visa Top-Up’, does this mean I put $30 into my account? That is very weird because I am positive that I bought a talk add-on. Very confusing. 

Yes, if that was the information showed up. it seems the purchase didn't go through or you might have selected the wrong button. Anyway, I would double check your credit card to make sure all purchases are accounted for. 

In the mean time, if you would like to make call, you might have to buy the minutes again. I recommend the $30 for 600 Canada wide minutes if your call is within Canada. 

Userlevel 5

Are you sure you finished buying the minutes as it can be a 2 step process. First you top up your account with funds and once that is complete, you then make your purchase.

Yes, that was it!! It had been so long since I bought minutes that I forgot it was a 2-step process. Thank you for your help!!