Koodo Community

changing plan while still paying for phone

• 26 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Currently still paying for my phone, I have a promo for $10 off a month still, but my plan for fast $50 is currently offering more data. Can I upgrade to that plan without incurring a larger bill or a fee? Like will it start charging me more for my phone?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can change your plan anytime without a fee. If you're currently on a tab, it just has to meet the minimum spend requirement of the tab you have. What's this promo you have? Is it a bill credit or related to a bigger discount on a phone on tab?

So my current tab balance is $225 with 15 months remaining. I have a tab bonus reduction of $8.78 /month. I am currently on a Canada-wide $50 -4G LTE SPEED. It only has 5 GB of data and I think the new one offers 12GB. I want to switch to that if I can without ruining my bonus reduction or incurring fees

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is the reduction part of your bill as a Credit?

I’m not sure?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So my current tab balance is $225 with 15 months remaining. I have a tab bonus reduction of $8.78 /month. I am currently on a Canada-wide $50 -4G LTE SPEED. It only has 5 GB of data and I think the new one offers 12GB. I want to switch to that if I can without ruining my bonus reduction or incurring fees

I think this really depends on whether you are allowed to switch to the 12GB plan, as some of these deals are only eligible for new customers. Even then, you will need to pay off the remaining Tab balance and Tab Bonus balance on your existing phone due to your plan change. I would recommend you to calculate the costs associated with this plan change and see whether it is worth the added cost.