Koodo Community
Solved

Changing my base plan

• 10 June 2021
  • 3 replies

I was looking at changing my base plan to a plan with more data as I keep running out and can’t afford to continue to pay the 30 for 1gb of data, if I change it towards the end of my plan is it going to double charge me on the day of renewal? I read another post about waiting till the end of the term to get the most out of my money that i’ve already paid this month, my plans renewal is the 2nd of every month if I change it on the 1st will my new renewal day be the 1st of every month?

icon

Best answer by Goran 10 June 2021, 20:39

If youre prepaid then yes, a change will reset the clock and you'll lose whatever was left of your previous plan. That being said, if you're already out of data, you may as well instead of paying 30 à gig in data packets.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was looking at changing my base plan to a plan with more data as I keep running out and can’t afford to continue to pay the 30 for 1gb of data, if I change it towards the end of my plan is it going to double charge me on the day of renewal? I read another post about waiting till the end of the term to get the most out of my money that i’ve already paid this month, my plans renewal is the 2nd of every month if I change it on the 1st will my new renewal day be the 1st of every month?

No, it is not going to charge you twice.

Assuming you are on a postpaid plan, it will change immediately and you will pay a prorated amount from the day you changed your plan to the end of the billing cycle. For more information, you can visit this link. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/proration

On the other hand, if you are on a prepaid plan, you may be better off getting an entirely new plan once you finish more data. It’s not cost effective to constantly pay $30 for 1GB of data when you can start earlier and get a better plan with more data for a lower cost per GB of data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If youre prepaid then yes, a change will reset the clock and you'll lose whatever was left of your previous plan. That being said, if you're already out of data, you may as well instead of paying 30 à gig in data packets.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To add to what Goran said, when you renew your plan, the new 30 days cycle goes into effect… you won’t be charged AGAIN on the (old) day of renewal. So I agree with him, if you are completely out of data anyway, you might as well change now… without penalty.