Koodo Community
Question

Change to lower data plan

• 29 August 2019
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I realized my data usage does not exceed 1 GB, and my present plan is for 3 GB, is there any way that I can change my plan to 1 GB? I've tried self-serve but there were no plans with less data available. Please advise.

Thanks.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What plan do you have and how much is the plan?

There is a data plan which give you 1GB, but pay per use charge when you use minutes and text.
Or, $40 plan without data.
Otherwise $50 with 4GB and talk &text. So, it might be better keep your current plan

Hiw about your usage of minutes or text?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@CurtisS Have you looked closely at your account and data usage? Your last month way over 1gb. Currently there is no plan lower than the you are on with data. However, promos do happen so keep your eyes open. 🙂
Thanks for the responses.
@Mayumi I see. Thanks for the information. I use calls and text pretty frequently so I'd prefer they remain unlimited.
@Bernard Koodo My last month was more than 1 GB. I will be returning to school this coming September and will not need more than 1 GB data. Is there a way to subscribe to emails for promotions? Are there promos that offer less data + unlimited call/text, or reduced cost of my current plan?

Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Mayumi I see. Thanks for the information. I use calls and text pretty frequently so I'd prefer they remain unlimited.
@Bernard Koodo My last month was more than 1 GB. I will be returning to school this coming September and will not need more than 1 GB data. Is there a way to subscribe to emails for promotions? Are there promos that offer less data + unlimited call/text, or reduced cost of my current plan?

How much is your plan?
@Mayumi My current plan is unlimited minutes and messaging with 3 GB shock-free data at $40 a month
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Mayumi My current plan is unlimited minutes and messaging with 3 GB shock-free data at $40 a month
Then I would keep your current plan.

Their price is keep going up.
They no longer offering regular plans including small amount of data like 1GB or 2GB...

My husband only use 300- 500MB out of 5(6?)GB/mo. I tried to use his data from time to time.
But, price is much lower than plans in market right now. So, he will keep it as long as he can 😉
@Mayumi Oh I see. Thank you very much for your help! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hahaha, I spoke too soon about "they no longer offering small amount of data".
They started promo plans and one of them offering 1GB data plus talk & text for $40.

Curtis, your plan is $40 and includes 3GB. It's much better deal 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There's no email promotions but where there's one you'll see it posted on RedFlagDeals.