Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Change plan without changing the fees

I received a text saying to upgrade my plan to more data and air time for free, but when i look on the website i see that the plan is $5 more...how do I upgrade the plan without including the added fees.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
I think the text means that you don't have to pay service fees for plan changes. Unfortunately the prices of the individual plans are set and can't be chnaged.
Userlevel 2
So basically Koodo's trying to up-sell customers via sms....
mattjs wrote:

This is nothing new.
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

no, nothing new really. i actually bought a couple things in past. it works well. all i had to do is respond yes.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
How much more you get with those additional 5$??? There are old plans that can be easily upgraded to new ones, and for a couple of dollars you will be impressed how much more you can get! So check the new plans and you will see that sometimes is worth it to change...
Camilo_A wrote:

How much more you get with those additional 5$??? There are old plans that can be easily upgraded...

Actually you double the data and air time
I called Koodo, and looked at my text again and it says you can change it for free (i guess since you are using the self serve)..but you if i choose the other plan I have to pay that $5 extra...you do get 600mb data and 450 air time... but still not sure if I will change since my phone is used mostly for texting and music...Thank you everybody for your replies.
Userlevel 2
Liette Mayhew wrote:

I called Koodo, and looked at my text again and it says you can change it for free (i guess since...

Are you on a grandfathered per second billing plan by any chance?
Liette Mayhew wrote:

I called Koodo, and looked at my text again and it says you can change it for free (i guess since...

No I don't think so, mind you the agent on the phone never mentioned.